Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Walking Collage

 We had lots of rain overnight and at 6:00 this morning
it was still coming down.
By the time I left at 6:20 there was just a light misty drizzle.
Didn't wear my rain pants and sicker because at 55 degrees
I would have been too warm.
Figured I'd just get wet.
BUT by the time I got to town the rain had stopped completely
and it was just cloudy for all of my walk.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.

Turned my walking pictures today into a collage.


Saw the swallow from yesterday on the fence again.
Must have a nest near by.

A couple rabbits hopping about
but didn't see any people walking today.

All the rain brought LOTS of worms to the surface and it was hard
not to step on any of them!!!

Everything is greening up, trees are starting to get their leaves
and it is just so nice walking around town.
This time of year is my favorite time for walking.

Walked 6 miles

🌼    🥾    ☁️    🙂

Our truck had an appointment at 10:00 to get the oil changed,
tires changed and a couple recall items to check.

We didn't drop the truck off but chose to wait while they worked on it.
While waiting we watched a renovation show on HGTV.
It made us glad we don't watch TV anymore.
For the hour show I'm sure we only saw 15 minutes of the actual show.
So many commercials and then when the show comes back on
they rehash what you're already seen!!!

Anyway glad to have the truck all checked out.

A few house chores got done this afternoon and
then I read, made a couple of squares, and knitted.

I am thankful to have had another day to enjoy.
A happy day to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Debby - Rarely do we have a hot and humid day here where I live. I always say summer is like one long spring. 😃
You can check out our climate HERE.

20 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, I love your collage of walking pictures. We had a rainy morning here too, but it was all gone by noon. The forecast is that the weather will warm up for a few days, then back to more rain and cooler temps. We don't watch a whole lot of TV either. You are right, there are so many commercials and the shows aren't even very interesting, or they are downright disgusting! Glad you got your truck checked out and that it is good to go! Hope you have a good day.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think these beautiful flowers are Grape Hyacinth! We record all our shows, then fast forward through all the commercials.

Tom said...

...I agree with your comment about HGTV, but I still have an addiction to it.

Mari said...

I love your pics today! Beautiful Spring!
I like HGTV shows and use the DVR on them, then I can fast forward past those ads.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Spring has got to be the best time of year. I love all the new growth and that grass is so vibrant and green.

Hill Top Post said...

How beautiful your collage is! We both are so fortunate to have such wonderful places to walk.

Rose said...

I would love the not having humid days...next week it is suppsed to up close to 90° a couple days! Believe me it will be humid.

I love your photo collage. It does look like the perfect day to be out and about.

I could almost do without TV...there are just a few things we watch. A lot of them I record till I can FF through the commercials.

ellen b. said...

We don't watch much live TV. We record shows so we can ignore all those commercials!! That is a beautiful collage of your walk!

Granny Marigold said...

That's a wonderful collage. Is it hard to make? I'm not at all techno-savvy.
Like ellen b commented, we also record any program we want to watch so we can fast forward through those irritating commercials.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Oh ... those blue flowers are so wonderful. Thanx.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

You say "So many commercials and then when the show comes back on
they rehash what you're already seen!!!"
I so agree. I don't miss having cable. Rarely watch TV but, PBS for Nature.

Loving your collage styling today.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty image and collage. I love the flowers and the tree and road on the bottom right. It is nice to see the trees turning green. I try to record shows and skip through all the commercials. Take care, enjoy your day!

Vee said...

Lovely collage.🌷

Bill said...

What a pretty collage.

Jeanette said...

I like your walk pictures in a collage like that! I hear you about the TV. We rarely watch live TV anymore. Mostly we stream or record so we can FF through the commercials!

Pom Pom said...

What a lovely walking collage!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

LOL What you say about tv shows, is so true! Not only the adds, but the rehashing of what you saw before!

I am getting movies from the library, to watch, on nights when he or we, don't have something specific to watch.

🌸🌷🌹🌸🌹🌷🌸

Debby said...

It sounds as if your town has moderate weather. I'd like that. I always thought "back east" was always hot and humid in the summer. I can't do humid. We are so dry here and that is what I am used to. 10% humidity in summer. That's why we have so many fires.

I know the last time I went to NYC, it was the best weather I ever had there. 80 degrees and only slightly humid. Not at all like Galveston Texas or Alabama!

I just love your photos of your walks - such a pretty town you live in. Thanks for always sharing with us. I do enjoy them.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I use a collage maker on my laptop, not tried it on my iphone

William Kendall said...

I stopped watching television years ago.