Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 28, 2022

Iced Tree

 Put on all my winter layers of clothes for my walk this morning.
A bit chilly out there with a temperature of 25 degrees,
But those layers kept me nice and warm.
Cloudy at first but then it was sunny.
Walked 6 miles
Found a quarter

An enjoyable walk all around town, the cemeteries and the ball park too.

Rebecca was out running and I saw her in two different places.
Another woman was out walking her dog.

Can't imagine why, but I see that someone has iced their tree.
The hose and step ladder are still out there.
Looks pretty but you would think they have seen enough ice this year! 😃


There is a rabbit in this picture though it is hard to find.


The Phlox that was planted in the cemetery is in bloom now.
Each year it spreads around a bit more.
Wish it lasted longer.
My mom always called Phlox
Mountain Pink and I like that name better too.


🌸    🌤    🌺

A pancake breakfast today with strawberries.
Like having dessert for breakfast.

By the time a load of laundry got done the temperature was
up to 40 so the clothes got hung outside.

We went to the library and dropped a couple of books off
and got out another one.

Another good day to be thankful for. 
A happy day to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Rose said...

Mountain Pink...I had not heard that before. I like it, too. I di see the rabbit...and like the barns in the background. I do wonder about icing that tree. I have had enough ice to last me a lifetime...LOL.

Tom said...

...if a tree is flowering, spraying with water to form ice can protect the flowers from freezing temperatures.

Hootin Anni said...

I think they do that icing for citrus trees don't they? For cold snaps? Don't quote me tho. lol

Great photos & I did see the rabbit.

Jeanette said...

I wonder what the purpose for icing a tree would be?

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Phlox among the tombstones is so beautiful, yet sad. I'm glad to hear you keep warm! Tried to find the bunny, but no luck. It was fun looking, though!

The Furry Gnome said...

I spotted that rabbit. I'm used to spotting them in our own backyard! And thanks for your email.

Mari said...

It's cold here too. One of the Docs I work with said it felt like the 96th of January! Nver ending winter...
The icy tree looks pretty, but I hope it doesn't get damaged with all that weight on it!
I love the phlox.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like the name Mountain Pink better too, and it lovely in the cemetery. I am wondering why those people iced their tree. I wonder if that hurt the tree. I don't think I would do it. Glad you had a nice day.

ellen b. said...

That iced tree is really cool looking. Your breakfast sounded really good.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What flavour ice?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I have never heard of icing a tree. The phlox is really pretty.
It is really cold here this morning, only 32°. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

Vee said...

The iced tree is stunning—a photo shoot? Hope that they don't kill it. So chilly these days...

Bill said...

The iced tree is pretty.

Connie said...

Very puzzling about the tree. Unless they were like me . . . I could hear my water pipes running into the night, the other day, but could figure out why. Then the next day I walked out by one of my outside hoses and I had turned the hose on and was going to let it water the roses for a few minutes, then walked away and let it run all night. Shame on me . . . I doesn't take much to distract me anymore.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The iced tree does look lovely. Is it perhaps to save the blossoms and future fruit? I thought I had heard that sometimes this is done.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Iced their tree!!!!!

Wonder why????

So much trouble, since they had to do a lot of spraying of water.

Why??????

:-)))

Now since you showed us this, you *know you have* to knock on their door, and ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>,-))))))))))

Galla Creek said...

Love the phlox. We’re much warmer than you. Balmy 55 degrees.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Came across your blog on Somewhere in Ireland do like your photos. The last one would not look out of place on my other blog the Church Explorer.

William Kendall said...

I think I see the wascally wabbit.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the phlox - I'd not heard the term Mountain Pink before.

All the best Jan