Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday

A chilly start to the day again.
27 degrees, but it was sunny and no wind.
Had all my winter layers of clothes on again.

Walked around the left side of town which includes
the cemeteries and the ball park.

Saw those killdeers running around the cemetery again.
Those birds are so funny to watch run!!

By that time I had walked four miles and was warm.
Stopped back at the Jeep and took off 2 of my 5 layers.
Also got a book out of the car and walked through town
to the library and dropped the book down the book drop.

Walking down to see the bulls.


Kermit was out working in his yard again and I stopped to talk.

Didn't see anyone else out walking this morning.

Witnessed an ALMOST traffic accident!!
A logging truck pulled right out in front of a school bus.
Luckily there were no other cars coming the other way 
and the quick thinking bus driver swerved around the truck!!
There were no kids in the bus having already been dropped
off at school.
It was scary to watch though!

By the time my walk ended I was surprised to see that it had only 
warmed up to 34, seemed much warmer.

Always nice to start my day with a walk.
Walked my usual 6 miles

☀️    🌺    🥾

About the iced tree yesterday.
Tom and Anni were right about putting ice on the tree
to protect it.  Found this LINK that you might find 
interesting about it.

🥶    🥶

Did the usual morning house chores.

Lunch today.


Puttered about the yard a bit this afternoon.
Then did some reading sitting out on the back deck.
Warmed up to 60.

A beautiful sunny day and for that I am thankful.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Tom said...

..I love the barn!

Lowcarb team member said...

That almost traffic accident does sound scary, thankfully all was ok.

I like the look of your lunch :)

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I thought I had heard something about ice protecting trees...did not read the comments so thought I was just crazy. And I still might be crazy, even if that was true. LOL

Hill Top Post said...

Your lunch looks yummy! What was that driver thinking? Or was he? Scary, for sure, but thankful it turned out okay.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I agree that killdeer are so amusing to watch! That is so ironic, to put ice on trees to protect it from ice! What a lovely and well cared for barn.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I showed the iced tree to my hubby yesterday and he knew about doing that to protect it. I learned something new! Glad the walk went well and the bus was quick acting!

Debby said...

Oh, I know that youtube channel - they're from my part of Northern California! I've heard of it before but never actually saw it or have done it.

Wow, that was a close call with the logging truck and the school bus. The Lord was surely watching out for both drivers. I'm sure it wasn't intentional - it was an accident and would have been horrible had there been children on the bus. I'm sure the driver on the logger truck was shaken up and hopefully, it was enough for him to be more careful.

I just love red barns and that is a beaut.

Your lunch looks good.

Happy@Home said...

Glad to hear there was no accident. It is unnerving to see a close call like that.
I zoomed in on your lunch as I have been bored with lunches around here lately. The salad looks yummy. What is the other portion?

Deb J. in Utah said...

I honestly did not know that icing a tree actually protects it. Very interesting! So glad that the school bus driver was able to avoid an accident. Your lunch looks so yummy. So glad you had another good day. See you again soon!

Vee said...

Well that was very interesting about the iced tree. Learn something new in Blogdom every day. Lunch looked good!

Granny Marigold said...

Considering that it's almost May you sure had a chilly morning. Hopefully it warms up soon. I'm glad that the school bus driver was able to avoid hitting the logging truck. Seems the truck driver wasn't exactly paying attention.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best happy wishes always.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I love walking with you. I'm sure, tho, I'd be keeping all 5 layers on!!!
The almost accident would scare the heck out of me!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the red barn photo. I am glad the bus driver acted quickly.
Your lunch looks yummy. The Killdeers are entertaining, cute too.
Take care, have a happy weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I wanted to give you the link (it's on my blog at the top) of Ashland. They are having a festival and the webcam is showing the neatest train layout in a caboose looking car! Thought you and hubby might enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIwzSSGbxZw

Bill said...

Glad an accident was avoided and there was nobody on the bus. Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

That near accident must have really warmed you up, and not for 'good'...

Ohhhhh, please explain your delicious lunch!!!!!!!!

🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹🌸🌹

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I like your little blog they photo and the diary you write each day. Wish I could be that committed. I have started following it

ellen b. said...

Brrr...How nice that you can return to the jeep on your walk to peel off layers and pick up a book to drop off at the library. Kill two birds with one stone as they say. Hello by the time you read this it will be May in your neck of the woods! Happy May to you!

William Kendall said...

The food looks good.