Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Saturday

 This morning was a nice warm one at 40 degrees.
There was a mix of sun and clouds and no wind.
A delightful morning for walking.

Walked once around both cemeteries and the ball park.
Continued on down to the main road and walked to the
curve in the road where I turned around.



On the way back I walked down the road between the industrial park
and the main road.

Saw a Northern Flicker fly right by me.
The Killdeer was up by the cemetery again and also saw one
by the pond and in a field along the road.

There were a couple people fishing at the pond.
The same two men who have been there every day this week,
even on those cold mornings.

No people walking about today.

Another nice morning walk.
Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŒธ

Came home to an empty house after walking 
and had the house to myself this morning.
Ken went to a train sale down in Cumberland.
It is like a flea market but just train stuff.
He'd rather go alone so doesn't feel rushed with me tagging along.
He's been working on his train layout this week and has gotten
another whole section just about finished.
Next time I walk down in the basement I'll take some pictures.

Got my morning chores done and then went outside
and puttered around out back for a bit.

This afternoon Ken and I went walking around Happy Trails.
Stopped at the cabin to give David and Liz some of that
Lemon Fudge I made the other day.
While there I invited Liz to the Mother Daughter Luncheon
at church next Saturday.
Happy to say she said, yes, she'd love to go.
I look forward to that.

Back at the house I sat out back on the deck and read.

Another day to be thankful for.
A happy day to you. ๐Ÿค—
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
MsBB - Lunch was romaine lettuce, pecans, strawberries, mozzarella cheese, with Ken's Lite Walnut Raspberry dressing and a small baked potato with a little butter and salt.  It is one of my favorite lunches.  The dressing also tastes good on the potato.

17 comments:

Rose said...

Sounds like a good day to me. I saw a flicker here earlier this spring, but that is rare.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I bet you will both have such fun at the church lunch! I look forward to seeing the train setup!

Tom said...

...the grass sure is growing in your neck of the woods.

Galla Creek said...

Hope you have a good book to read.

Hill Top Post said...

Sometimes I enjoy a bit of time alone - gives me time to think. I look forward to seeing the new train layout. Hopefully we won't have to wait until the snow flies next winter. Raspberry and walnut ~ Oh yummy!

Vee said...

How nice that Liz accepted your invitation. Sounds like a nice outing for you both.

Looks warmer there lately. ๐Ÿ™‚

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that Liz will be able to go to the luncheon with you. You will enjoy that. She is a blessing to you. Will look forward to the pictures of the new part of Ken's train layout. Have a good Sunday tomorrow. :-)

ellen b. said...

How nice that you and Liz can enjoy the Mother Daughter event next weekend. Glad things warmed up for your walk on Saturday morning. I'm smiling that Ken needs to go to his train sales on his own. Sometimes I need to be on my own to shop well, too. Happy Sunday to you!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The green countryside is so beautiful. Thanx Happyone.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I can really see why you document your walking...such pretty areas. (I like alone time too). Looking forward to Ken's layout addition!!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty morning walk and a great day. The luncheon with Liz sounds nice.
I will look forward to see the new addition to Ken's train layout.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Inger said...

How lovely to see the green fields. I know you must have had a great morning walk.

Bill said...

A pretty countryside with all that green.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Sounds like a very good day! Always so nice following your walks...
Love from Titti

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love those 2 men meeting for fishing each morning. Kind of like meeting for coffee, but out in nature. :-)

Thank you for telling me about the lunch salad. A delightful idea!!!!!!

๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŒธ

Jeanette said...

So nice that the weather is warmer for walking! It will be a nice thing for you and Liz to go to the Mother's Day brunch together!

William Kendall said...

Lovely views.