Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 25, 2022

An outing to LaVale

A beautiful morning for walking.
58 degrees and sunny
Walked 6 miles
Found a dime

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park and then down
the main street to the curve in the road where I turned
around and walked back through town.

A couple of bulls stopped eating to get their pictures taken.


Surprised not to see anyone else out on such a beautiful morning.

The Rolling Pin Bakery used to be in this building before they moved
down the road into where Annie's Kitchen was.
I see that another business is now in the building,


Saw a few rabbits hopping about.

Dandelions have started popping up all over the place.
Some people don't like them, but I do.
I like a yellow polk a dotted lawn. 


🌤    😊    🌼    🥾

We drove down to LaVale this morning and had a nice time 
looking around a few stores down there.
So nice to just get out and browse.

Got a couple of yard flags and put them out as soon as we got home.
Couldn't pass up some pretty pink cotton yarn.
I found some size small good work gloves.
The pink and turquoise shirts I got are extra large which I 
like to use as PJ's.

We were back home by lunchtime
and we made nachos for lunch.

Sheets were dried by then and they got put back on the bed
and I did another load of clothes and hung them out and they
 dried super quick.

The deer have been coming by every day again.
My phone doesn't take such great pictures so I don't take many
but here is one of a deer standing under our little bridge out back.
She stayed there for a good long while.


Other deer were up along the natural fence taking a nap.

Always nice to find some time for reading during the day
and a little knitting too.

Thanks for stopping by.
It's been a good day and for that I am thankful.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

17 comments:

Tom said...

..it's wonderful to see business expanding in your little town. Ken built a great "deer shelter!"

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love those yard flags. Sounds like you had a very nice outing to LaVale. It's always nice to see new businesses open up in the town. See you again soon. Have a happy week! :-)

Mari said...

Dandelions!
You got some good stuff today.
We've had deer around here too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those pretty yard flags. Just the other day, I was wonder find if you still got visits from the deer.

Rose said...

Really cute flags! Love them both. The bulls are still cute..love sering them looking at you.

Galla Creek said...

I loved the bird house flag. How lucky you were today. You got paid for walking.

Granny Marigold said...

We got very wet when we walked this morning then in the afternoon the sun came out and it was quite a lovely day.
I like the yard flag with the birdhouses. That yarn looks so pretty too.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh those bulls! Precious image!! Our dandelions here along the coast are quite different ...both in color & blossom. The deer is quite hidden. And, I too wear oversized T shirts as pj's.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great photo of the deer ... and the bulls.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,
Wonderful photos of the Bulls and the deer under the bridge.
Your new flags are cute. Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

What a nice day.
I wash our bedding on Mondays, and I was able to utilize our clothesline as well, and it sure makes the sheets smell wonderful to be sun~dried on the clothesline!
I think that I will be hanging many more bathes of laundry out this summer!

Have a lovely day.
~K.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the yard flags! After reading My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George I decided to try eating some wild plants like Dandelions. A fun experiment for sure! If you haven’t read that book, I think you would really like it. Actually it’s a trilogy for older kids but it is one of my favorites.

Bill said...

Nice yard flags. My wife loves dandlions too, sometimes I come home with a bunch of them and put them in water. Nice pics of the bulls and deer. Have a great day!

Connie said...

Your husband thought that he was building a lovely landscape bridge . . . and it turned into a wildlife sanctuary :) How sweet!

ellen b. said...

Seems like those bulls like you. Sounds like a fun trip with shopping thrown in. Nice purchases. I like your bridge and the deer do too!

Retired Knitter said...

I agree - Ken made a good deer shelter! Next one should be BIGGER!

William Kendall said...

I like dandelions, but it'll be some weeks before we see them.