Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A Little Duck

 A rainy morning walk today.
But the good news is that there was no wind and it was 55 degrees.
Just a drizzly rain at first and then it just rained.


Saw those rabbits again but no people out walking.
Seemed to be a lot more cars driving around than usual.

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park, and all over town.

A nice but uneventful walk until I got back to the Jeep.

When I got back to the Jeep I noticed a little rubber duck
on the door handle with a card.

I've been ducked. 😊


New to ducking?
Learn about it 

Walked my usual 6 miles

🌧    😊    ☔️    🚗

After a fried bread breakfast we went food shopping
at the Shop and Save.

After everything was put away and some house chores
got done I did Wordle.
Still enjoy doing that every day.

I made some Lemon Fudge this afternoon.
I'd never heard of it before but read of the recipe
and just had to try it.
YUMMY!!

I've been making weave-it squares
for May's Baby Blanket.

It's been a good day and for that I am Thankful.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

24 comments:

Tom said...

...I've never been ducked!

William Kendall said...

The duck is not expected.

The Furry Gnome said...

You learn something new every day!

Granny Marigold said...

I've never heard of Jeep Ducking but it sounds like a fun and harmless thing to do. I'll have to ask my DIL if her Jeep has been 'ducked'.

Galla Creek said...

So glad it was warmer even if rainy.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How cool that you were Ducked! I had never heard of it before, and enjoyed reading and learning about it. I tried to make that lemon fudge for Easter. none of the grocery stores had the lemon pudding, so I was disappointed.

LC said...

Thanks for the link to Jeep Ducking. A couple weeks ago saw a little duck on a jeep parked in our church parking lot(Ocean Springs Mississippi). Cute but puzzling. Your post satisfied my curiosity. I don't have a jeep but love seeing them.
post stroke I no longer drive, but I count jeeps when hubby and I are on the road. I know, it's crazy but fun.

Mari said...

Lemon fudge! I'm not sure about that, but I would probably like it.
I never heard of Jeep ducking but it's so fun and I love that you got ducked!

Rose said...

I will have to read about the Duck thing in a bit. The Lemon Fudge thing sounds yummy.

I just found that Good NIght, Mr. Tom is on youtube and we are fixing to watch it. I have been wanting to see it again for years and had not thought to look on youtube.

Vee said...

That sounds like fun! Are you going to be buying duckies to spread the jeep love? Sounds as if we had a very similar weather day,

Linda said...

Ha! Cute duck. Here people put flamingos in other peoples yards. I believe they call it flocking.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I didn't know anything at all about ducking. What a fun thing! That lemon fudge sure does sound good. I hope you have a good Wednesday!

Hootin Anni said...

I drive a car (it has wheel drive)...can I be ducked? I wanna be ducked!!!!!

Hootin Anni said...

Laughing now...Bud says "she's been given the bird!". (sorry)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You've been ducked, that is cute. I have never heard of lemon fudge.
Take care, have a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Ducked? Not seen this in the UK.

God bless.

NanaDiana said...

I have to tell my Jeep owning son about the duck craze. lol
I am so happy you tried the lemon fudge. It IS good, isn't it and melts in your mouth!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- xo Diana

Bill said...

Ducked, that's new to me. The fudge some delicious.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

The ducks are for SUV's?

Is there some other thing, for Jeep's?

:-))))))))))

🚀🌟🌠🚀🌠🌟🚀

Hill Top Post said...

Ha Ha on the ducking. I wouldn't drive anything but a Jeep!

Debby said...

I've not heard of that. I don't drive a jeep so we're not in the "know." Sounds like fun.

ellen b. said...

Well that's a fun thing...I think...to be ducked. I'll have to go over and check out the fudge. :)

Lisa said...

Jeep ducking is a big thing around here. In fact, jeeps are a big thing around here too. Almost everyone I know has one.
Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun to get be ducked! I have a small collection in my Jeep and I've left a few for others. It's FUN! Enjoy your day and your morning walk!