Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Wednesday

When I got up it was 31 degrees and what looked like a
very light mist in the air.
The thought of walking inside made me get dressed and go to town!!
 
Walked in a very light mist for a mile or so.


Then the mist turned into a light rain mixed with freezing rain.

I walked around town and the ball park loop.
By this time some of the sidewalks and roads were starting
to get a little slippery in places.

Nearing the end of my walk it all turned to snow.



Didn't see anyone else out walking.

I stayed pretty dry.  My outer sweatshirt and pants were wet
but my feet stayed dry and I wasn't cold.

I'm happy to say I got all 6 miles walked outside!!

☁️     πŸŒ§    🌨    😊

 It has been snowing on and off all day but no accumulation.

Did my usual routine stuff around the house this morning.
This afternoon I baked a new cookie recipe. 

David and Liz happened to stop by so they got to taste the new
cookie recipe too.
We all thought they were delicious.

I played Solitaire the old fashioned way, with real cards. 
I haven't done that in a long time.


As luck would have it I went out the very first time.

Didn't have time for reading or knitting yet today
but will be doing that later this evening.

Thanks for visiting.
A happy Wednesday to you.😊
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a nice March day that warmed up as the day went along. I have a serious computer Solitaire addiction!

William Kendall said...

Freezing rain is the one part of winter I dislike. I fell this week, but fortunately wasn't hurt.

Lizzy said...

Those cookies were delicious...πŸ‘ŒThsnks mom

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I may pull out my deck of cards and play a game tonight. I think I could do that without my glasses. Do you wear reading glasses? Enjoy your evening...stay warm!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It looks like a few green blades of grass are beginning to show. That’s encouraging.

Rose said...

That first pic of the snow just looks so pretty. I am glad you got to do your walking outside. The cookies sounds good.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You walked in freezing rain!! I am stunned! You are amazing! The cookies look delicious, and I bet they smelled wonderful, too.

ellen b. said...

Those cookies sound delicious. Nice that you had some taste testers!

Kim said...

I printed out your cookie recipe to try. Love lemon flavored things! Glad you stayed warm on your walk.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you stayed warm and dry on your walk. The cookies look and sound delicious.

Hootin Anni said...

I know I would love those cookies. Lemon!!!
Bud plays solitaire with cards too. For him, it's an addiction. Several games. Win the traditional way, then he reverses and goes up (playing a 3 on a 2, etc). Wins that then on to all one suit in the row going down in count. Then the last game, all one suit going up.

I walked in our garage today and was wishing I had a basement like you.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have some nice places near you for walks. Great photos.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Glad you have had a good day Karen. It has stopped Raining here yesterday after 18 days of continual rain- we are beginning to dry out. Lots of severe Flooding with sadly loss of life. Stay well and safe there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Lovely images from your walk. We had some wet snow and rain yesterday. Winter is not over yet. The lemon cookies sound delicious. I like playing solitaire too, both with regular cards and on the computer. Take care, enjoy your day!

Pietro Brosio said...

Wonderful sceneries, great images!

Galla Creek said...

Your walks leave me shamed for complaining about the weather. I rode my bike yesterday.

Bill said...

Wonderful photos from your walk. I haven't play with cards in years even tough I have a deck.

Inger said...

What a delightful walk! Just the kind I love. And I would seriously love some lemon cooked too!

Gypsisoul1111 said...

I too play solitaire with real cards as I feel the electronic versions are programmed against me! Hahaha, but I love to play a couple rounds a day.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You lucked out on the snow.

We got a lot!

But it all melted during the day today.

Jeanette said...

Glad you got your walk in outside! I made those German chocolate cookies the other day. I skipped the raisins and just added chopped walnut. Oh my gosh, they were SO good!