Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Frozen Mud Puddle

 


A chilly 24 degrees this morning but it was calm and when the sun rose
there were no clouds it could hide behind.

Walked around town, up and down the side roads,
both cemeteries and the ball park.

No people walking about this morning.

Near the bulls there is a pasture where the horses like to
run around in.  There are a few apple trees and one of them came down.



Another ice puddle caught my attention.
This one is a muddy frozen puddle.
It looked kind of like a dragon to me.
Ken thought it looked like a goat.


In the parking lot where I park the Jeep (not clean anymore)
I found a quarter and a penny.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    💰    😊    🥾

A nice sunny day for hanging the wash out on the line.

Played Solitaire again this afternoon with real cards.
Played 7 games but never went out.

We have one more episode to watch of
A Place to Call Home 
and that will be the end of Season 1.
We like this series and plan to pick up Season 2 at the library.

Reading a good book by Belva Plain.
Secrecy 
It is one of the books that has been sitting on a shelf for
years and I'm finally getting around to reading it.
This year I'd like to get all the books I have here at home read.
It doesn't help that I keep going to the library
and getting more books to read!!! 🙂

Once again thanks for stopping by for a visit.
A happy Thursday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.
- Diane Duane -

20 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I guess if I were Picasso, I'd see something in that puddle, but nothing for me.

Cold walking!!!!

Granny Marigold said...

That's a very interesting pattern on the puddle . I hate to admit it but the first thing I thought of when I looked at the picture were intestines. I laughed out out loud at that point :)

William Kendall said...

I like that pasture view.

The Furry Gnome said...

I think it's a ghost.

Galla Creek said...

I may try real solitaire. Haven5 played it in years.

Tom said...

...I like frozen mud puddles, we just have mud puddles!

Rose said...

I can understand the dragon...con't see goat. I can see the intestines, too. LOL But you know what I see? I see a hound dog, like Copper of the Fox and the hound...with its nose to the ground following a trail. The left side is the head. and it has long floppy ears dragging the ground.

Mari said...

Such pretty photos today! I love a misty morning. The puddle is very cool. I see a dragon, no goat!

Vee said...

Looks like a dragon to me if its head is on the left...like a monster otherwise, I should not reveal my psychological leanings. Woot! 26¢ is great. It always seems to me as if winter likes to have a last battle to hang on, but he must go.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those frozen puddles can have interesting designs.

Hill Top Post said...

I have been under the weather for awhile but am catching up with all your doings. I love the knitted baby blanket! Wow! And David’s Jeep is a real prize! Can’t believe we are getting more snow. Millie is wanting badly to hit the trail again!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I have the same problem - a "to read" shelf stacked full and I keep getting books to read from the library. Good for you for working on your "to read" shelf. I need to do that to. I hope you have a good Friday. See you again soon!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Lovely views and photos! I have a long list of to be read books, but I stick to the ebooks. Take care, have a happy day and a great weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's still quite cold where you are. Great photos.

God bless.

Retired Knitter said...

What I saw immediately was a picture of large intestines! haha!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Did you step in it, after you took the picture?

:-))))))))))))))))))))))))

Gentle hugs,
🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

Kerin said...

As always, your pictures are so pretty!
I love that second picture with the sky faintly pink...it is beautiful!

I'm happy for you to have a nice day to walk outside and enjoy God's beauty.

Smiles :)
~K.

Bill said...

I think the mud puddle looks like a dachshund.

Kim said...

Sad about the tree. That frozen puddle is cool. I see a medieval lion.

Jeanette said...

I can see where you see a dragon in the frozen mud puddle. I can't figure out a goat though! Sorry, Ken!