Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Knitting April baby blanket

Still very windy this morning, 27 degrees with snow flurries.
Because of the wind, walked the first 2 miles inside.

After breakfast we went to do our food shopping for the week.
Dollar General and Shop and Save.
Once I had everything put away I decided to go to town
and finish my walking.
By this time it was 34 degrees, no wind, and cloudy.


Enjoyed my walk around town, the cemeteries and the ball park.

Didn't see any others out walking.

The geese all took to the water once I walked over by them.


Someone lost a little bunny. Think it was under the snow for a while.
Looks like it was pink at one time.


2 miles inside and 4 miles outside, so got all 6 miles walked.

☁️    🥾    🙂

Got home a little before lunch time and Ken made me
nachos for lunch.

Got the vacuuming and dusting done and then read
and knitted.

I've started knitting a baby blanket for April.
Thought I'd knit one for a change instead of a weave-it one.
Nice and colorful for spring.


That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - With a lift kit and huge tires on David's Jeep believe me it will be higher!! : )

23 comments:

William Kendall said...

Have fun knitting!

Tom said...

...you sure are a lot closer to spring than we are!

Retired Knitter said...

haha! I just launched a post on my blog about weave-its and I linked it to your blog - and you are doing KNITTING!! haha!

Made me laugh out loud. Timing is everything. You did mention it was knitting for a change from weave-its!! Hoping that comment alone will prevent people from thinking I have lost my mind!

Anyway, I LOVE the colors and the knitting pattern. It is nice to switch things up a bit.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The blanket has beautiful colors. I am so impressed with your energy and determination!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Seeing the geese on the open water looks so good. As much as I like the snow and know we need the moisture, I am looking forward to spring. I also love the colors of the blanket.

Debby said...

That's a pretty little baby blanket. I've never knitted but I used to crochet a lot.

Vee said...

Very pretty Eastery spring colors. Is it going faster than the weave-its would?

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the knitted baby blanket - beautiful rainbow colors! It has turned off cold here again and we are supposed to get several inches of snow tonight. Nachos for lunch sound really good. See you again tomorrow!

Lisa said...

That blanket its darling! I like the spring colors. I wish I knew how to knit. I have tried and tried with no luck.

Lisa

Granny Marigold said...

You're really ahead of yourself, working on next month's baby blanket already!! Pretty colours.

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhh, love the rainbow colors of your blanket!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a lovely park.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the pretty blanket. The geese and pond are a pretty sight.
Tacos for lunch sounds yummy. We may have a slushy snow today.
Take care, have a great day!

Bill said...

That will be a nice and colourful blanket.

Kim said...

Your days are all so tidy. That knitted baby blanket is gorgeous! You will make some child very happy. Glad you got your full 6 in! Take care!

Rose said...

Words are inadequate to tell you how beautiful I think that baby blanket is going to be. I love the design and love the colors.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

First picture... Love the look of that old home on the left of the picture. It looks to me, like it has seen more than one family, grow and grow old, wrapped in its warm embrace. -smile-

Gentle hugs,
🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

Beside a babbling brook... said...

PRETTY new blanket colors!

Gentle hugs,
🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

LC said...

Sitting in front of our wood-burning stove but still feeling a chill after reading about those cold temperatures. Brrrr. But the cosy appearance of the baby blanket in progress warmed me up and made me smile. Lovely!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the colours of the blanket, perfect for Spring.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

I love the colors of your baby blanket. They are so cheerful!

Jeanette said...

That is a pretty blanket! I tried to teach myself to knit and gave up after a while! Too frustrating! I probably didn't give it a fair chance but I think I prefer crocheting!

ellen b. said...

That's going to be a sweet blanket. Love the colors.