Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Tuesday

A nice 34 degrees this morning for walking.
A mix of sun and clouds and no wind.
Sunrise 6:49

On the way to town I saw 4 deer up in the field.

I stayed walking on the left side of the main road today.
That includes, both cemeteries and the ball park.
Most days I walk up the main road and then some part of
both the left and the right of the main road.

Going up to the cemetery a few geese were walking up
the road too, and then made a bee line to the field when
they spotted me.  Two of them are still in the road.


There used to be three dogs that run up and down the fence
barking at me.  Number 4 joined them.


Instead of walking on the other side of town I headed back
down the road toward home a ways and then went up
Sale Barn Road 


and back down again.


Didn't see anyone else out walking which was surprising
because it was such nice weather.

Walked 6.2 miles

🌤    🥾    😊

Food shopping day but this time didn't make a stop and the Dollar General
first but just went to the Shop and Save.

Another good day to hang the clothes out to dry but a wind picked
up and the clothes had a tendency to get twisted around the line so I
was out there untwisting the clothes a few times.

Read this afternoon and made some weave-it squares.
I now have all 7 rows of 10 squares finished.
Now I just have to sew them together.
Never made a striped blanket before.


Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.
A happy Tuesday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Ginny - Fingerprints is a ministry at our church that assembles Romans books in Spanish and for missionaries to hand out.  To see exactly what it is about here is a LINK to a post about it.  

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you for your reply, what a good mission! Our church has Fingerprints of God, but that is something entirely different. What a beautiful place to walk, especially the ornamental grass waving in the wind. Maybe one day the geese will walk with you. Do you ever feed them? I' m not familiar with weave-it squares, but I love your colors! At first glance, it reminded me of rows of tulip beds!

Galla Creek said...

I would enjoy a walk with you, but I couldn’t keep up. Astrid and Laura walk together on weekends but I take the lone walk. I love how I can think and sort things in my head during my walk. I’m too slow to walk with them, and I really like walking alone.

Rose said...

I bet it was a lovely walk this morning. It has been a beautiful day here.

That blanket is going to be beautiful.

Tom said...

...it's interesting to see all of your snow gone. The ground is covered here!

Mari said...

What a pretty day for a walk. I love that photo with the geese!

ellen b. said...

A walk above freezing is good. We warmed up above 50 today!! I was outside with just a vest on to do some shoveling. That will be a fun blanket. I don't see a speck of snow anywhere in your neighborhood.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the striped weave-it blanket you are making. It is so bright and colorful. It's always nice to stop by and see what is up in your world. I will see you again tomorrow. :-)

KEV. Robertson. said...

Good to see things are warming up for you. We are in our 12th straight day of Rain- lots of flooding to the north of the State- severe Floods. Stay well there Karen and Ken. Best Wishes. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

I love your blanket! Love the geese, love all the scenic spots this morning!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Nice views from your walk. I love seeing the geese and deer.
The blanket will be pretty. Take care, have a great day!

Inger said...

Another lovely day. I enjoy reading about your days and today you reminded me of Dollar General. I haven't been to ours since before the pandemic, but I think I will visit there soon.

Bill said...

The big white dog looks like he has three legs. The little one is voicing his bark loudly it seems. :)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Grrrrr.. Nasty dogs... -pout-

Btw, I got "Valentine Murder" out of the library! One you pictured, having read. :-)
Haven't read it yet but am anticipating it.

Masks are now optional in my library!!! Will wonders never cease?!? Our Dear Old City has been taken over by new Liberal people, who have moved here, so it was a surprise.

'Course, I was the only one, not masked!!!! LOL.

And I was considering acting as if I was deaf, if one of the librarians started having a fit, about my no-mask, like before. Tee-hee-hee.. She would have had to "made a scene"... Trying to get me to understand. Could have been fun!!!!! >,-))))

❓One good policy? Just one.❓

Vee said...

The stripes make for an interesting blanket. A nine-patch would also be interesting. What is going on with all the dogs? They're having a convention. Watch out for those March winds!

Connie said...

I agree with Galla Creek . . . I would love to walk with you, but like her, I could never keep up, LOL. Unlike her, I do not like to walk alone . . . that is why I have a hard time walking, my walking partner moved 70 miles away a couple years ago and I haven't found another.

R's Rue said...

I always love your stories and photos.

William Kendall said...

The dogs look like an active group.

Retired Knitter said...

Those geese are lucky - no traffic. In my area, they stop traffic when the cross the street. It is something to see. I grateful that people DO stop to let them pass.