Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

To the dentist

This morning when I went walking it was 41 degrees, cloudy, and calm.

 Went up and down the road to the left of the main road,
around both the cemeteries and the ball park loops.

Road wasn't muddy so went down to see the bulls.
These two popped their heads up to see me.


This is the bull I've named SunSpot.
But seeing this picture I realized that the tag in his ear 
doesn't say Sun but looks like the word is Sumt.
 He's still SunSpot to me though!!


Rebecca was out running.
I was coming down the hill from the cemetery and she was running up it.

Walked down the main road and went up Sale Barn Rd
a ways where I took this scene of the barn.
(You see the silo often when I take a picture from the cemetery)


Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌼    🥾

Both Ken and I had dental appointments this morning.
Mine at 10:00, his at 11:00.
It was just for our 6 month cleaning so it wasn't bad.
Both of us had great reports.
Healthy teeth and gums.

🦷    😁    🦷

I always go first to get it over with.
While it was Ken's turn I walked over to the library.
Was just going to look around but ended up checking 2 books out.

Out in the lobby there are always books for sale and today
I looked through them.
Picked out these three.
The books are a series and all three of them were there so I couldn't resist.
The books were 10 cents each.
Can't go wrong with 3 books for 30 cents.


Didn't have any money but Lori said I could pay for them next time
I was come to the library. 

Walked back to the Jeep and Ken was just getting in the car.
Perfect timing.

📖    🌼    📖

From there we went to the Shop and Save to get some groceries.
Prices are on the rise!!

Lunchtime was past by the time we got home so we had a late lunch.

Didn't feel like doing any work so read and knitted.

So happy I don't have to think about the dentist for another
6 months!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Galla - Thanks for the book recommendations - will check them out.

Ginny - Deep Creek is the name of the town too.  You can read about the lake HERE.

23 comments:

Tom said...

...I LOVE your farm scene!!!

Rose said...

Books at 10 cents each! I would have loved that as a kid....or even a few years ago. That is a great deal.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for your answer! I had no idea about all those man made lakes in Maryland. And I lived and worked in Maryland for years! Which part of Maryland is this that you live in? We were about 30 minutes from D.C. So glad your dental went so well. And I can see why you named this cow what you did, the sun is making his fur shine!

William Kendall said...

The bulls are a welcome sight to see.

Mari said...

It's nice to see the bulls without frost on them! :)
I love the photo of the barn, the landscape is so pretty.
Terri Blackstook books are good!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You remind me that I need to make a dental appointment. I love library book sales. I got a couple for 5 cents each when I went to the library to pick up another book last Saturday. I haven't read anything by that author, but would like to know what you think of those books you got. See you again tomorrow!

Galla Creek said...

Does this bull farm sell bulls? They are so strong looking.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those bulls look very healthy.

Kerin said...

Great looking bulls, and farm!
Nice to have the dentist visit done for another 6 months.
Yes... prices are going up, and going up...Yikes!!

~K.

Granny Marigold said...

I went to the library today too. I looked at the books for sale but they were a dollar each and I didn't see any that interested me. At .10 each I might have looked longer. :)

Terra said...

Those books were a score at 10 cents each. I read a different series by Terri Blackstock and enjoyed it, it was about how power went out across the USA for more than a year and how people dealt with it, the main characters were rather heroic.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Oh some big bulls there! The landscape looks really beautiful, I would love taking a walk there...
Have a happy day!
Titti

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The bulls seem happy enough.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, great price for those books!! Love the landscape photo!! And terrific dental appts.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the closeups of the bulls. Pretty view of the farm and silo.
That is a great price for the books. I hope to hear a review.
Take care, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

That is a bit of a windfall with three books at 10cents each- amazing. Here basically all Farm produce is gaining in price - suspect it is because of severe flooding in parts of the State and heavy rains and hail causing damage to crops. Enjoy your books Karen. Regards. KEV.

Vee said...

Yay for a good report! Three books for 30¢ can't be beat. Hope they're good reading.

ellen b. said...

That silo is a great landmark! 3 books for 30 cents...can't beat that. Glad with you that the dentist is done for 6 months with a good report!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

10 cents apiece.... :-))))

Plus, the librarian said, pay it next time.

Small town Joys!!!!

And a no cavity report. Me too, not too long ago. Of course we both have a lot of other dental work to be done. But every little thing helps. :-)

🐇💗🐇

Michelle said...

I am not a fan of the dentist, but I love that deal on those books!

Bill said...

Yay for the buls, nice to see them again. I don't know anyone who loves going to a dentist. :)

Sandy said...

Way to go on your walking. It's raining today, so no walking for me; but hope to do the planks and yoga in a bit. The bulls look like they're wearing earrings, lol. They really look like they were posing for you to take their pictures. Dentist...I'm over due and need to schedule. Last appointment got canceled due to Covid. Good for you getting a good report. 3 books, 30 cents, nice bargin. Hope you enjoy the books.

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to get a clean bill of health from the dentist :)

All the best Jan