Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

First blooms around town

 42 degrees this morning, breezy, cloudy, and looking like rain.

Walked straight through town and down the main road
to the curve in the road. 
Went up the farm road a ways and then turned around.
Would like to keep walking up the farm road but it is private property.


Remember this picture from when I took pictures of all the mailboxes?


Now it has been knocked down.


Walked around the industrial park and the road between the
IP and the main road which is one of my favorite roads to walk down
with the rolling mini hills.


So nice to see these first spring flowers blooming as I walk along.


When I first started walking around here I'd see one of the town
workers driving around in the work truck.
His name was Joe and we would wave and chat once in a while.
He retired and Paul took his place.
Lately I noticed a new man driving the truck around and he has
started waving to me.
Today he was stopped picking up some trash and I met him.
Asked what happened to Paul and he told me he retired.
So now Bill has taken Paul's place.

Walking past the day care center I noticed some little kids
standing in front of the big window.
They were all waving to me with big smiles.
What a happy thing to see and I waved back with a big smile of my own.

About a 1/2 mile left of walking it started to drizzle.
Made it back to the car before the rain got really got started.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌧    🥾    😊

It's been an off and on again rainy day.
A good day for getting housework done.
Also good for reading and knitting.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Galla - Farmer Marvin breeds the bulls and the ones I take pictures of are mostly already sold.  They will be going to their new homes sometime this spring.  But there will be others there to take their place.  

Ginny - I live in Garrett county, Maryland which is in the most north western part of the state you can get.  Deep Creek is about 10 miles or so from where I live in Accident.  You say you lived 30 minutes outside of DC.  We have lived in Waldorf,  then moved to Savage in Howard county.  Husband worked at Ft Meade.  From Savage we moved to Ellicott city right by Centennial park before moving out this way. We have the state pretty much covered. 😊

21 comments:

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Awwww... Wonder how the mail box got destroyed? Looks like someone knocked it off, as the pole is still standing. Grrrrrrrrr....

Flowers! Lucky you.

Love the look of those gently rolling "hills" on the road. :-)

Nice to meet the new guy, and to have the "Kiddies" waving at you. I remember the little girl who used to say hello, when her mom was letting her off at the day care.

:-)

🐇💗🐇

Ginny Hartzler said...

Our weather is the same here today as well. Good to know what happened to Paul. So many times with this sort of thing, we never find out. and I usually wonder if they died. The flowers are so pretty; wonder what the little white one is.

William Kendall said...

I would expect teenagers for the mailbox nonsense.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. We have a few blooms around here as well. So fun to see and wave to the little ones at the daycare. Sounds like you had another nice day! See you again tomorrow.

Tom said...

...the first flowers of spring are always special, we have some hellebore flowering, our daffodils are just green.

Rose said...

Wow, I have not seen a daffodil anywhere yet...I would love to travel down this one road and see if any of theirs are blooming, though. Mine are always a bit slow.

That poor mailbox has seen better days.

Mari said...

I'm glad you met the new guy! And it's so sweet that the kids waved to you. I bet that just warmed your heart on a cold day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh those first spring flowers are so so pretty.

Granny Marigold said...

Very pretty Spring flowers!
I wonder if the mailbox was accidentally knocked off or if it was a case of vandalism. You've never mentioned that your area had any problems in that way. Here we don't dare leave anything in the front yard or it would be stolen. Sad but true. We have a heavy concrete birdbath base with an armillary on it. Attempts have been made to carry it away but luckily it is very very heavy.

Hootin Anni said...

Those kids...I suppose they see you often, and perhaps wait for you to come by?

Another beautiful walk-about Karen!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers.

God bless you.

eileeninmd said...

Nice walk and pretty views. I love the spring blooms, beautiful flowers.
Take care, have a happy day!

Happy@Home said...

How nice to see the pretty spring flowers. We had rain all day yesterday and my tulips popped into bloom. They look so cheerful especially on a gray rainy day.
I always enjoy reading about the friendly exchanges you have on your walks. Envisioning the smiling children waving to you warmed my heart.
I'm thrilled to be back in business with being able to comment on blogs. :)

Jeanette said...

Very pretty spring flowers!

Aritha V. said...

I love your spring flowers! They are so nice.

Bill said...

The flowers are very pretty to see.

Connie said...

Beautiful spring blooms . . . I wonder if that person needs help with their mailbox. Mine got knocked down while Steve was sick and I had to put it back up by self, not an easy task. It wasn't damaged like that one, but the pole was laying on it's side and the big chunk of concrete attached to the bottom, very heavy. I couldn't dig and put in back because there was a ditch behind it and it was awkward and heavy. A man's job, indeed. What I did do was get some fencing wire and stand it up long enough to put a ring of wire around it and then filled the wire with field rock. That was over 2 an a half years ago and it's still standing. Some jobs are very hard if you're a woman and don't really know what you're doing.

Galla Creek said...

My house is 800 feet off a busy highway. I petitioned to put my mailbox on Galla Greek Lane. My land buts that side road too. It’s a graveled dirt road. The mailbox would not last a month on the Highway. Sometimes it was destroyed purposely and sometime I’m sure it was an accident. It is very safe and secure on the less traveled dirt road. I love the flowers. I know jonquils but not sure of some of the other pretty blooms.

Barwitzki said...

From time to time I also walk past a kindergarten, it's fun to watch the children and wave to them :-))
Beautiful tour and the flowers of spring are intoxicatingly beautiful. I walked to one of my favorite farms today, there you can sit in the garden and buy coffee and ice cream... nice.
Many greetings to you. Viola

Lowcarb team member said...

Shame the mailbox got knocked down.
Lovely to see the spring flowers.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

How fun to have so many waves and smiles on this walk. Oops for that mailbox. Love seeing those spring blooms!