Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 21, 2022

Lunch by the Lake


 34 degrees this morning when I started walking.
Clear, calm, and once the sun rose a mix of sun and clouds.

Walked all around town and the two cemeteries and the ball park loops.

Didn't go see the bulls because the road was too muddy.

One of the cemeteries had a few rabbits hopping around 
and at the other one I spotted a couple of Blue Birds.
Walking around I see lots of daffodils popping out of the ground.
Nothing blooming yet but it won't be long now.
Today it actually feels like spring.

Only one fisherman at the pond this morning.

Didn't see any others out walking.


Walked. 6 miles

🌤    🥾    🌼

Another nice sunny day for hanging clothes out on the line to dry.

We went to the church and loaded up the Romans books
into the church trailer.
Soon we will be dropping them off in Bedford, Pa
and picking up another new pallet of them.

On the way there we dropped off our garbage at the dump.

We ate our lunch in the truck today, parked out by the lake.


Had to stop and pick up some milk before coming back home.

Read some and also knitted for a while.

I'm reading another one of those classics that I think I've read
but now that I'm reading it, don't think I ever did.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

People will forget what you said, 
people will forget what you did, 
but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou -

20 comments:

Tom said...

...lunch at the lake looks good to me!

Sandi said...

A lovely walk.

I think daffodils usually come up first. They are Spring's heralds.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Beautiful pictures, all...

Including your new Header, of course. :-)

Have lunch by the lake. Lovely... One of those nice 'little' things, which make life even nicer. :-)

🌸 🌷 🌼 🌺 🌸

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I haven't read Wuthering Heights either. It's a good idea to read some of the great classics. Lunch by the lake looks really nice. See you again tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

Good views of the lake.

ellen b. said...

Looks like a great spot to enjoy lunch. Spring is here for sure. Our snow is almost all gone here. Have a good evening.

Rose said...

I thought I had come to.the wrong blog for just a second...probably cause I am on my phone. Mud is one thing I dread in spring. Sounds like you had a lovely day and accomplished things as well.

Mari said...

No daffodils here yet, but the birds are singing. Such pretty pics you shared today!

Debby said...

Boy your walk has sure greened up fast. There’s no stopping Spring!

The blue on the lake is beautiful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful that you live by a lake. It is beautiful, too. How did it come by this name? What an unusual cloud formation in your first photo!

Debi said...

Oh, Wuthering Heights... such a long time ago. I should pick it up and read it again. Or maybe just find the movie on TV and watch that! Such nice spring photos... have a great week.

Granny Marigold said...

Great pictures of the lake. Nice clear sky too. I'll bet the clothes you hung out to dry smelled wonderful when you brought them in.

Hootin Anni said...

I can picture myself eating lunch there!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the cloud in the first photo, pretty sky. The lake is a great place to have a lunch or picnic. I am seeing lots of daffodils around, they look so pretty and cheery. Have a great day and happy week ahead.

Bill said...

What a pretty lake.

R's Rue said...

So lovely and stunning.

Vee said...

Oh a picnic by the lake is one of my favorite kinds. The water is so deep blue. It sure looks like spring in your corner!

Galla Creek said...

I’m rereading a book I have read before. It’s Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger. I think you’d like it. Ask your library if they have it. Also, you might like —the accidental salvation of Gracie Lee. It’s by an Arkansas author, Talya Tate Boerner. Talya has a blog like us.

Kim said...

Looks like you are thoroughly enjoying spring, or what bits you are seeing of it. What a lovely idea to eat lunch by a lake.

Jeanette said...

I honestly don't think I've read any classic's! Might have to change that!