Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 18, 2022

Snowdrops

44 degrees this morning when I went walking.
It was a calm morning with some patches of fog around.
Can you spot the moon?



As usual walked down the main road first to stay under
the street lights.

Then walked around both cemeteries and the ball park loops.

Got a better look at the color of the siding on the twin houses
and now it looks like a very very pale green.
I think it would look nice with dark green trim.

Noticed these Snowdrops just past the day care center.
Such pretty little blooms.
I'm sure glad to see Snowdrops instead of snow flakes. πŸ™‚


People fishing again this morning at the pond.

Saw Joy and we stopped for a chat.
Last time we talked she was going to go on a job interview that day.  
Today I asked how it went.
She got the job. πŸ™‚

So nice to be out walking early this morning.
It really does make my whole day a good one.

Walked 6 miles

🌀    πŸ₯Ύ    🌼    😊

Chocolate Chip pancakes for our breakfast.
Another good way to get the day started!

Got tired of looking out of dirty windows so started the rounds of
window cleaning again.
Got the living room done.
Doing a few windows a day.
Not having curtains you really have to keep the windows clean
and we look out the windows a LOT.

We walked around Happy Trails a bit this afternoon
and didn't do any work.

Read a little and started knitting a pair of slippers.

Here we are nearing the end of another day.
They sure pass quickly.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Friday to you. 😊
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

 Springtime is the land awakening. 
The March winds are the morning yawn.
- Lewis Grizzard -

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - We have started Season 3 of A Place Called Home and I'm thinking it is not as good as the first 2.  We will probably be doing just as you did. πŸ™‚

19 comments:

Tom said...

...snowdrops are a welcomed sight, I saw my first ones of the season yesterday.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those snowdrops are lovely.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

the mist at the bottom of the mountains is so mysterious and pretty. I DO see the moon! The flowers look like Snowdrops, they are charming!

Mari said...

I see the moon! I love misty mornings - so pretty.
The snowdrops are beautiful.

Debby said...

Beautiful photos - The morning is the best time to walk.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The foggy scenes have that special beauty. I think the Snowdrops are cute. That is one flower I have never tried growing.

Debi said...

I love foggy photos so I really enjoyed this morning's photos and yes, I did find the moon! I need to wash my windows but it will need to wait a few weeks as it is too cold to do it now. Have a great weekend!

William Kendall said...

The mist is a welcome sight to see.

Rose said...

I did see the moon, but would not have notice had you not mention it. At least I don't think I would have. But I loved the pic so maybe I would have.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I need to clean my windows too. Chocolate chip pancakes sound so good! I hope you and Ken have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

Cleaning windows is my least favourite chore. Sure is nice once it's done though.
The Snowdrops are so pretty. I have a few small clumps but they don't seem to multiply from year to year.

Hootin Anni said...

Your daily walks are an adventure each time. It was good that you could stop and chat with a "fellow walker". Slippers, for you?
Pretty spring flowers. And I agree, much better than snow. Any day.

eileeninmd said...

Love the shot of the moon and fog. Nice walk. The pancakes sound yummy.
The snowdrops are pretty. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Ruta M. said...

Snowdrops always look so crisp and bright, a lovely sight in the spring. I have to wash the sea salt off our front windows after windy weather.

Jeanette said...

Those are pretty snowdrops! I love the first picture!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Come on, Hon!!!!!! You have that lovely picture of snow drops. Let's get it up, into your Header.

(You must have known, I was going to say that!!!!!! >,-)))))) )

Oh the houses are a sort of green. That sounds so much better. Perhaps a gray-ish green?

Spring is here, and so we are to get Thunder Storms. Ugh.... LOL

🌸🌼🌺🌷

Bill said...

Love those misty morning shots, they are beautiful. It took me awhile but I found the moon. :)

Vee said...

Ohhh...those kind of Snowflakes. πŸ™‚ Tricked me!

ellen b. said...

Love the snowdrops!