Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Saturday

 A nice warm 50 degrees this morning. 
 No wind and though it was dark to start there was a little
bit of sun later on and then it was cloudy.


Quite a few people fishing around the pond on this early
Saturday morning.

Walked all over town, both cemeteries and the ball park 
loop again.

Took a picture of the twin houses. 
Realized they are not twins after all - the floor plans are opposite.
Windows too small and not enough of them in this house for my taste.
Still it is a cute little house.


Saw a couple rabbits hopping about, lots of geese,
robins and a few killdeer.

I just got in the Jeep to come home when I saw Joy
coming down the road from the cemetery.
We waved as I drove away.

Walked 6 miles

🌥    🌼    🥾    😊

Ken went to the Dollar General to pick up a few things
alone this morning.  I stayed home and got some stuff done
around the house.

Baked a batch of Chocolate Chippers today.
Always give some away,
will eat a few for my snack this evening and freeze the rest.

Got some more knitting done this afternoon.

I threw some stale hotdog rolls outside and we watched
a chipmunk pick a big piece of one up and sit there eating it.
It was just about as big as he was.
He stuffed his little cheeks and then sat there a while without moving,
then picked up the rest of it and ran away with it.
Wish I had a camera to have taken pictures!!
My phone doesn't zoom good.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - No, slippers aren't for me - for a friend.

14 comments:

Mari said...

You had a good day! That morning sky is pretty, even though it's dark.
I would like more windows in those houses too.

Tom said...

...Karen, you captured a gorgeous sky!

Rose said...

That sky is gorgeous...I would love to see inside the houses.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I agree with you about the house. What were they thinking with those tiny windows...and not near enough. It 's fun to watch squirrels eat, because they usually run off and bury their food.

Hootin Anni said...

You are so very generous with your time and talent. I hope your friend will appreciate the slippers!
Love the sky laden with dramatic clouds! And I bet that chipmunk was a hoot.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Chipmonk? Now that is one animal I wished we had here -cute little fellas. Glad you've had a great Saturday. It is Autumn here now- warmish days and cooler nights with some rain about- though nothing like we've had earlier. Have a great Sunday. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the pretty sky photo. I have not had homemade chocolate chip cookies in a long time, sounds yummy. The chipmunk sounds happy with his piece of bread.
I like a lot of windows and sunlight, the new houses do look cute. Have a great day and happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful sky photo.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I'm with you on the houses - I like large windows and lots of light! Hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

Lisa said...

I love to watch little chipmunks. I used to throw out old bread but my husband made me stop. He said it could attract rats. That would be awful. We live in the city so I guess it could happen.
I try to feed the birds and love watching them too but the squirrels take all the food.
Lisa

Bill said...

Lovely sky photo!

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely sky! Sunday is soon over and a new week begins...time flies!!!
Love from Titti

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lovely first photo!

The color of the siding on the 2 houses, does look greenish.

And cute, to have them the same, but opposite. :-)

"Whether it is the best of times
or the worst of times,
it is all the time we've got."
🎻💛🎻💛🎻💛🎻💛🎻💛🎻💛🎻


William Kendall said...

I have not seen any chipmunks yet, but that doesn't mean they're not out and about.