Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Baby Blanket Day

 The morning started out a bit wet on my walk.
I had on my rain pants and slicker.
Since there was no wind I took along my umbrella too.
45 degrees so it wasn't cold.
Only rained for the first mile then it was just cloudy
so dropped off the umbrella at the Jeep.

Walked around town where it was light and then around the
ball park and one of the cemeteries.
On the way up to the cemetery in the picture.


One of the twin houses has the siding on.
It's a grey/beige looking color.
Not a color I would pick.
Pretty sure the other house will have the same color.

Saw some more Killdeers around by the pond.
No people out walking.
Fishing season must have opened because there were 6
people finishing at the town pond.

Only got 5.5 miles in this morning.
Had to go out this morning so didn't quite have enough time.

๐ŸŒง    ☁️    ☘️    ๐Ÿ˜Š

This morning was Baby Blanket workday at church so took
off for there after breakfast.
Breakfast is served there but I always eat at home first.

I volunteered for the devotional this month.
Blogger friend Ginny (Thanks) gave me the idea for this months devotional.
One Sunday I did a post of a couple gravestones with 
Bible verses on them.
Ginny commented that my walk around the cemetery was like
a Bible lesson and I thought, Bingo, that's my topic.
Everyone seemed to enjoy it.
Was different anyway.
Made me think about my own gravestone.
I've come up with this.

Karen
Born 1951
Born Again 1958
Went Home .............. 
John 3:16

There were ten of us women working on blankets.
No one wanted their picture taken 
but I made a collage of the blankets they were working on.
You can see my weave-it square
in the bottom center picture.


☘️    ☘️    ☘️

On the way home I stopped at the library to pick up the third
season of A Place Called Home.

A Leprechaun came by the library last night and left
little green pots of gold for us.


Hope you've had a wonderful day. ☘️ ๐Ÿ˜Š
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

A good friend is like a 4 leaf clover,
hard to find but lucky to have.
- Irish Proverb -

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Great idea for the devotional. I love walking cemeteries and can see why that would be a good topic. Glad it's warming up a bit. Sounds like you're well prepared with your rain gear. Happy St. Paddy's day.

Rose said...

That is a great idea for the devotional...and that is a lot of baby blankets!

William Kendall said...

The blankets are lovely.

Tom said...

...I love your view down the road!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I love what you want to put on your gravestone a long, long, long time from now. :-) I also like collage of the baby blankets. See you again tomorrow.

Granny Marigold said...

I wonder how you'll enjoy A Place Called Home as you progress through the seasons. We enjoyed it so much until a certain point then for a while we watched any way then gave up on it. We were not impressed with the way the show was going.

Mari said...

I love that idea for a devotional, and for your gravestone.
Happy St Patricks Day!

Kim said...

Love your headstone idea and using what you know as a devotional path. Makes sense! So many cute baby blankets! How cute that you got a little bit of Irish at the library! Sweet! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, thank you so much!! I am glad I helped! I love the epitaph you wrote for yourself, it is very clever. But I hope it doesn't need to be used for a very long time.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Congrats on the pots of gold.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The baby blankets look beautiful. Pretty view and photo.
I like the Irish proverb. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful post.

Bill said...

Pretty blankets! I like the Irish proverb.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Oh that house color is not my choice either. Bleahhhhhhhhhh

Again I say, your library has a delightful Director!!!! He or she thinks up fun things, for the patrons. :-))))))

๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒผ

Kerin said...

Happy for you to have another temperate day for walking.

Lovely get~togther to work on baby blankets.

Smiles :)
~K.

Hootin Anni said...

Love your idea of your devotional!!!

And those blankets...what talent and, so generous and giving you all are.

Lowcarb team member said...

The blankets do look lovely.

All the best Jan