Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Poor little snowman

 

Sunrise 7:27 so I walked a good portion of my walk in the dark.
39 degrees, calm, and sun and clouds once the sun rose.

I stayed walking along the roads with street lights and then
when it was light walked around the cemeteries and the ball park.

All the ice and snow is gone except for areas that don't get much sun.
This is around the ball park loop.
Thought it was kind of neat to see the frozen footsteps.


Didn't see anyone else out walking.
Though maybe they were and I just couldn't see them in the dark! 

Driving back home about a mile from home I saw 5 deer all
running together in a row.

Walked 6 miles

πŸ₯Ύ    ☘️    😊

Nice to get my housework done in the morning and that
leaves the afternoon for fun stuff.

I went outside and picked up lots of deadfall that has come
down during the last few months
and added it to my continuing work on the natural fences.
This work will never end but I do enjoy doing it.
Besides making a nice natural fence that doesn't cost anything
it is good exercise too.
All that bending and picking up.
I took a picture but didn't like how it turned out.

There is a little bit of snow left out front and I made a
little snowman.
Poor little thing looks pretty pathetic. ⛄️ 😊


Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. πŸ™‚
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Beauty is not in the face; 
beauty is a light in the heart.
- Kahlil Gibran -

20 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful sky that is ...

I like your little snowman :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...what a sky! Here the only snow that remains are the huge piles in parking lots!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

A compensation for the darker 6AM's, is such gorgeous sun rises!!!!

-chuckle- Cute little snow man. Even if he is a wee bit raggedy looking. :-))))))

🌷🌺🌷Gentle hugs🌷🌺🌷

William Kendall said...

Lovely early morning sky!

Rose said...

Your little snowman is cute...and that sky is beautiful.

Vee said...

He has a certain panache and a darling grin.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your sunrise photo is beautiful! And those footprints are so unusual, and kind of haunting. So is your snowman, it is so wistful and somehow kind of magnetic.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Awww, he’s a snow baby. Cute!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that sunrise picture is amazing. Yes, that little snowman is about to the end of his life span now as it gets warmer. Glad you did fun stuff in the afternoon. See you again tomorrow.

Mari said...

I think your little snowman is pretty cute! He probably will be gone tomorrow...
The frozen footsteps are so cool!
I hope you get a photo of your natural fence, What a great idea!

Debi said...

Love your little snowman and the frozen footsteps were neat. Your sunrises are always so beautiful.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sunrise. The little snowman is cute.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy snowman welcoming Spring.

God bless.

Bill said...

Won't be long before the snowman is a distant memory. :)

Kerin said...

I think that the pinks in the first picture are so pretty, and warm looking :)
Free~99 is my favorite price and sounds like your favorite price for your natural fence too.
Looking forward to seeing your progress on the natural fence.

Smiles :)
~K.

Hootin Anni said...

CUTE snowman!!!

Aritha V. said...

Your snow man is so sweet! I love it.

Granny Marigold said...

Our sunrise today was 7:17 and the sunset is the same. What I can't understand is why if the sunrise and sunset are the same, shouldn't the solstice be today, not the 20th. I did google it but I couldn't understand the answer very well. I suppose I just have to accept it.
Like you I try to get my housework done as quickly as possible so I can do the "fun" things. Supper is leftovers so I really do have the day to myself :)

Kim said...

Awwww, your snowman is adorable! Love the snow footprints. Pretty cool!

ellen b. said...

Haha! Love your cute little snowman! Fun snow prints.