Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Fence and Ripple Blanket

 34 degrees this morning, no wind, and after 7:25 when the sun rose
it was mostly sunny.

Walked through town and over to the industrial park
and walked around there.
Also walked up and down the road behind the Dollar General.

No people again but did see LOTS of Robins.
They are all over the place.
Saw a couple Killdeers too.

Sorry no walking pictures today.
Took a couple but they turned out blurry.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    ☘️    😊

Another nice day for drying the clothes outside on the line.
Ended up being 60 degrees!!

Finished up housework in the morning.
Afternoon I was outside adding more deadfall to the fences.
This time out front out front.
It's not neat, I just keep adding branches.


We have 21 acres of woods so adding to the fences will never be done.
I have started fences over the place!!
Some of the fence decays over time so I'll always be adding
more deadfall.
Ken came outside too and we ended up going for a ride in the
ATV all over Happy Trails.

Finished the Baby Blanket.
Knitted a Ripple one this time.
I finished way early for the April Blanket.


Now that will leave me a month that I can concentrate
on making weave-it squares for the yellow bedspread I'm making for our bed.

I put the Ripple Pattern on my other blog so
if you'd like to see the pattern or knit one of your own you can check out the

That's going to be it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 😊
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before we start seeing robins again.

Tom said...

...we have had such strong winds the finding branches to make fences is not a problem. You sure a patient people with your craft work!

Rose said...

I bet those fence provide hiding places for small creatures...maybe they even have homes there. I visited your other blog first do you done know I love that baby blanket.

Mari said...

The blanket is beautiful!
My husband did a deadfall fence in the wooded area behind our house. It's a great way to use that wood!

ellen b. said...

Happy to say we are seeing our first Robins, too. Our backyard has been quite the collection of birds these past couple days. Love your deadfall fence and that Baby Blanket!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love this blanket. I have always been drawn to bright colors.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that ripple baby blanket. Sounds like you had a nice day out on your property. 21 acres - wow, that is a lot! I haven't seen any robins around here yet, but maybe I just haven't been looking! See you again tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The blanket is so pretty. And the bright colors will be attractive to a baby. So many baby blankets are pastels, but that is no fun for a little one!

Granny Marigold said...

I think that this latest baby blanket is the prettiest one so far.
The colours are so pretty and the ripple effect is lovely.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your fence is looking great. I love the pretty blanket.
I have been seeing lots of Robins here too.
Take care, have a great day!

Vee said...

Lovely blanket...great colors and love the ripple pattern. I suppose with all that acreage, there is a lot of material to do something with. I'd be tempted to have a giant bonfire every once in a while. πŸ”₯ I do like your deadfall fence. You remind me of my German friends who kept their property pristine and clear of all leaves and deadfall.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Those fences must be welcome shelter, to lots of little critters too...

Gorgeous blanket!!!!!!

πŸ€πŸ’šπŸ€Happy St. Patrick's Day!!πŸ€πŸ’šπŸ€

Bill said...

The blanket looks great with the ripple effect. Nice work!

Kerin said...

That's wonderful that you had a day with 60-degree temps! It sure feels good to have a little break from winter, even if winter isn't finished yet :)
One thing is for sure...we are closer to warm weather, than cold weather days...Yay!!

Going for a ride sounds so nice, and your baby blanket is darling. Nice job!

~K.

Galla Creek said...

I love to crochet. I’ve forgotten how to knit. If I lived close, I’d ask you to teach meπŸ₯°
I love the feel of knitted blankets. They’re softer. Yours is pretty.

Kim said...

Yay for lots of robins! Love your baby blanket. Beautiful!

susan q said...

Your deadfall fence is a great way of recycling branches, Karen. Love the blanket as well, great pattern. Have a great week.

Debi said...

The man who owns the property behind us has built a natural fence. I like the looks of it, especially since it hides the "stuff" he had in his backyard which is not so pleasurable to look at!