Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 07, 2022

David's Jeep

55 degrees this morning under cloudy skies when I walked.
Started out calm but by the end of my walk it was very windy.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park.
Pretty much stayed on the left side of town.

When I went down to see the bulls the road was so muddy
that I walked on the grass.


 Joy was out walking and we stopped for a little chat.
As she walked off a gust of wind came along and her hat blew off.
That got us to laughing. 

Had a mile left to walk when David pulled up beside me in his new Jeep.
Well new for him - its a 1997.


David and Liz just had one vehicle between them and when that
Jeep was getting some work done David noticed this Jeep sitting
on the lot and asked about it.
They worked out a good deal and David got himself another Jeep.
This will be more of a toy.
He plans on lifting it up and getting some nice big tires and a 
few other things as money permits.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    💨    ☁️

By lunch time it started raining and rained on and off all day
with high winds.

No hanging the sheets outside this week.
Today they got dried on the drying rack.
Started on this weeks house work this morning.

After lunch it was time for reading and knitting.

Thanks for visiting.
A happy Monday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Keep your heart open to dreams. 
For as long as there's a dream, 
there is hope, 
and as long as there is hope, 
there is joy in living.
- Unknown -

24 comments:

William Kendall said...

I've always liked Jeeps.

Tom said...

...that Jeep looks good just the way it is!!!

Jeanette said...

That looks like a great Jeep! I'm sure David is going to have fun with it!

Granny Marigold said...

David looks very pleased with his "new" Jeep. I like the gold colour.

Rose said...

That is such a great quote. I always liked the looks of jeeps. All of them. That road looks so muddy. I can just feel it clinging to my feet.

Re barns falling down...there are a lot that are not even replaced. Or if they are, it is with metal pole barns. Which is understandable with how expensive wood is.

There is one barn I photograph almost every time I am near it. I think it was damaged in storms 3 different times. Not that it was near falling down...just strong storms. And they have repaired it every time...always wonder how long they will keep doing that. And maybe it won't ever get damaged again. But is one of my favorite barns.

Martha said...

Hi Karen. Just popping in to see how you're doing - looks like all is well in your corner of the world. I'm still working the long shifts and crazy hours for now. I'll be back to visit as I can. Have a great week! :)

Galla Creek said...

I would not want to walk in that mud. I have this fetish about dirty shoes. Love the Jeep.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh WOW! Tell David I like his new Jeep! He'll love it and have lots of fun driving it! Enjoy your evening!

Mari said...

That is one muddy road!
I like the jeep, and I love the way you connect with the people you see on your walks.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like his new Jeep was well taken care of. We had a wind warning here as well.

Debby said...

Nice looking jeep. I have always liked jeeps. When I was a kid my dad had an old jeep and he also had a Coot which was also like a jeep - it went into the water like a boat.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love David's jeep. Looks like Jeeps "run" in your family. Glad you had a good Monday. See you tomorrow. :-)

ellen b. said...

That is a fun looking jeep! Happy new week to you!

Hootin Anni said...

That looks newer than 1997!! Love the color too. I never could figure out the idea behind lifting a car up ...the axels are still at original level.

Our weather went back to cold too. After early summer temps one week...into wintry days & nights.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

There should always be hope.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Good on David. Lots of rain here - 18th Day of it. Hope it ends soon.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the view of the barn! David's new jeep look great, a fun vehicle to drive. We had a rain storm last night, heavy rains and wind. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

Retired Knitter said...

I like the color of that jeep. Vehicles now are either white, black or silver. Very few colors.

Vee said...

David is going to have a lot of fun with his new jeep.

So far, March has been cold and windy.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Mud Season!

Sure sign of spring!

Hooray for his own Jeep!!!!!! ,-)))))))

Gentle hugs,
🌸🐇🌸🐇🌸

Bill said...

The jeep looks very nice. I always liked jeeps, they are attractive.

Michelle said...

I like that Jeep! We had one for years and it got sold last year :(

Kim said...

That jeep looks fun! Hope David enjoys jazzing it up!

Lowcarb team member said...

That does look like a great Jeep.

All the best Jan