Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Warmer

The 27 degree temperature this morning when I walked
seemed almost warm. 
There was a slight breeze and it was sunny.
By the time I got back to the car after my walk it was already 38
and I had taken one of my sweatshirts off a mile before.

Saw a couple of deer up in the field on my way to town,
and a little farther down the road I saw a
skunk waddle across the road.

Walked first to the post office and put a couple cards
down the mail slot.

Continued my walk all around town and both of the cemeteries.
The ball park loop is still ice and snow covered.

Down by the town pond I saw a Killdeer.

No frost on the bulls today - they were all happily eating. 

Some pictures I took walking along.




 

Yes, I did knock some of the icicles down after taking the picture.


Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ     ๐Ÿ™‚

Oatmeal for breakfast and then did my morning house chores.

Not much happening this afternoon.
Just a nice quiet afternoon around the house.

Thanks so much for poppin' in for a visit.
A happy Wednesday to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Kim - We had a tread mill years ago but I just don't like walking on them.  I'd much rather walk loops in the basement when I can't go outside.  Lots of people use them but not me.

Kim, Happy@Home - There is a link on yesterdays post which will take you to Wordle.

18 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Glad it warmed up for your walk today. Those are some big icicles. Glad you had a relaxing day. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Tom said...

...warmer here too, but you have lost a lot more snow than we have. That's quite a display of icicles and I like the stone work!

The Furry Gnome said...

Boy, it looks like spring!

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful images!! Absolutely beautiful. Yes, I've used treadmills and don't like them either

William Kendall said...

The cemetery stands out in the snow.


It was a bit above freezing here today.

ellen b. said...

Look at those icicles! Ours are mostly melting today as we got up over 40! Glad you had a warmer walk today and restful afternoon!

Mari said...

The cemetery looks pretty in the snow.
It warmed up here today too - made it to 45! But another big storm is supposed to be coming tomorrow.

Galla Creek said...

Tell us about your favorite walking shoes one day and which tennis shoe you prefer. I love shoes. I rotate my shoes and try to keep 5 pair. I interested in what you recommend.

Vee said...

Sounds as if spring is just around the corner. I am glad that the bulls had no frost on them, though they have such thick coats I doubt it troubles them. It's supposed to get up to 50° in my corner tomorrow. It will be short lived, but welcome. I have some last bits of ice hanging on my roof. Hopefully, that temp will get rid of it.

Rose said...

You had a good morning for walking! It was around 50 here today. But did not get to get out and do anything. Waiting on phone calls. And had a power outtage, and had to end up calling later and rescheduling.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The icicles look pretty.

God bless.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I am glad the weather is warmer. You had some nice wildlife sightings, it is not often I see a live skunk. The icicles are neat. Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Lovely walk you had there today!
I'm happy for you to be able to get outside and do your walking.
I can absolutely relate to you not wanting to walk on a treadmill.
I had one years ago as well, and for some reason, it would throw off my gait and really tear up my hip joints.

Enjoy this day :)
~K.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Warmer here, Thurs. AM.

Wed. had a cold wind. Brrrr...

๐Ÿ˜ My Icon is "Vera," not me ๐Ÿ˜

Bill said...

Your snow is disappearing fast. I remember knocking down long icicles when I was young. Have a great day.

Aritha V. said...

I love to see the icicles. They look so pretty.

Kim said...

Thanks for the response about the treadmill. The pics you took are lovely. Those icicles look lethal!