Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Even Warmer

 This morning when I went walking it did feel like spring.
44 degrees!!
It was cloudy and breezing but still 44 is warm for this time of year.


Saw the skunk again today on my way to town.

Walked all around town and both cemeteries.
Even the ball park loop is clear of snow now.

The ice is starting to melt on the town pond.
Liked the reflections.


I saw Joy walking but was too far away to say hi.
Would have walked over her way but was just finishing my walk
and had to be home so I could go out this morning.

Walked my usual 6 miles

☁️    🥾    🙂    ☁️

Left this morning to go to church for a Blankets for Babies
work day.

Sandy brought breakfast and Marilyn gave the devotional 
before we started making blankets.
There were 8 of us today.
I'm the only one who makes weave-it blankets.
The other women make blankets out of fleece.
Here's the table with all the material.
People pick out what they want to work with.


On the way home I stopped at the library to pick up a DVD
that Ken had reserved.
I noticed there were books set out wrapped in paper,
with a line or two from the book, and a candy taped to it.
When you pick out a book to read your name goes on a list
and if your name is picked you get a gift certificate to a local book store.
This is the book I picked.
I will unwrap the book later and tell you the title tomorrow.


It started raining on the drive home so that took care of the rest
of the snow except for piles of it here and there from the snow plows.

That's it for today.
Thanks so much for poppin' in for a visit.
Happy Thursday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
GalaCreek - I've walked in many different brands of shoes but the one I wear now and have for years is Keen Voyager. They have a wide toe area which I love.
I wrote a post about walking tips some time ago.  Here's the link if you're interested.

23 comments:

William Kendall said...

Here we had light rain today, but it has changed over to snow.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nothing like a skunk wandering around to be a sign of spring!

Jeanette said...

That is an interesting thing your library is doing! We had a beautiful day yesterday (Wednesday) and now we are being pounded with snow!

Debby said...

Cool about the new book from the library. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I just love your town pond. You really caught the reflections - so pretty.

Tom said...

...here spring arrived for one day, 53F! Lots of choices for the blankets, stay well.

Kim said...

Warmer here, too. Bad weather going on this evening with cold/warm clashes in the Southeast. Look forward to seeing what book you picked. Neat idea! Love the fabrics everyone has to pick from. Take care!

Galla Creek said...

I enjoyed your walking tips. I love walking, but I don’t walk as far as you. I’d love to walk farther. I bought a stationary bike to ride if I can’t walk, but I try to walk everyday I can. I lift weighs too. Just 20 and 15 pounds. They’re bar weights.

Mari said...

It made it to 44 here yesterday too, but now we're back in the teens. Lots of snow melted!
I love that mystery book idea!

Deb J. in Utah said...

It was warmer and sunny here today. Will be even warmer tomorrow and Saturday before (hopefully) more snow on Sunday. I love the picture of all the blanket fabric all spread out on the table. Will look forward to seeing what book you picked in your library "Valentine's present." See you again soon.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm curious about your mystery book. Great idea the library had and I'm sure many people will take out books they maybe wouldn't have known about otherwise. The candy is a sweet idea too.

Martha said...

Wow, it has really warmed up in the few days I've missed! So glad you had a nice walk today. The pond shot is beautiful! It's so nice that your group gets together to make the baby blankets, I can only imagine how much they are appreciated. I can't wait to hear more about the book. Have a great evening Karen. :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

It truly does look like spring where you are. I love it. I will be patient for a while longer, till spring shows up here as well.

Rose said...

That is so nice to make the blankets for the babies. I would love the weave it ones. Just the right thickness and warm without being bulky.

It was warm this morning but has gradually gotten colder all day...down to 25 tonight and they say it is going to get down to 10 tonight.

Hill Top Post said...

You captured a great shot of the pond; love the village in the background. It was 62 degrees here when we left out on our walk this morning, but it began to quickly drop and before dark it was below freezing.

Hootin Anni said...

That "mystery" book sounds like a fun thing to do!! And that glassy pond is great (yes, I too like the reflections).

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Our temps yesterday went up to 60, very nice. Pretty view of the frozen lake. The ice here is melting. I hope your book is a nice surprise. Take care, have a good day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We have two storms today. Very windy and rain.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you had better temps for walking and got so much done yesterday. I wish I could try some of the shoes on that you wear. Hugs!

Vee said...

That's an intriguing way to send a book off. Hope it's a good one! Sounds as if spring is getting ever closer.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Bill said...

We got a little snow last night and it's just about gone except up in the hills.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We didn't get enough rain, to get rid of the snow.

Your Head Librarian should be congratulated! She thinks up fun things, for library goers. :-)))))))))))

Henny Penny said...

What's up with this strange crazy weather everywhere? Pictures of your town always reminds me of towns in a jigsaw puzzle. That one of the pond and church should be a puzzle.