Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

A Cold Walk 🥶

 7 degrees this morning when I got up so started walking
in the basement. 
I usually don't go walking outside when it is single digits but
didn't feel like walking in the basement so decided to go to town
and walk the other 4 miles outside.
The sun was out and there was no wind so that helped a little.
I put vaseline on my cheeks and that works quite well.
It was cold though! 🥶
My upper body was fine but my legs after a while felt numb.


Walked mostly around the cemetery on top of the hill because
it was in the sunshine.
Here comes the sun now popping over the mountain.


Walked up and down a couple of the side streets as well.

The poor bulls were covered in frost.
I told them to go into the barn but they didn't listen.
I guess they were like me and just wanted to be outside. 


Haven't taken a picture of the Drane house in a while.


As you can imagine I didn't see anyone else out walking.
Usually when I get back home from walking the house seems
way too hot - not so today - it felt wonderfully warm.
Don't think I'll be walking in single digits again any time soon.

☀️    🥶    🥾

Food shopping day - first stop the Dollar General.
We seem to be getting more and more of our food there. 
What we can't get there we continue on to the Shop and Save
and get the rest.
Dollar General does not sell produce or meat.

I don't care for the shopping part and Ken does.
He doesn't like putting anything away once we get home
and that's the part of shopping I like.

I learned about Wordle from other bloggers and have been
enjoying it for the past few days.
How many of you have been doing it?

I got more reading and knitting done this afternoon
and tried hard not to eat any more of those heart cookies from yesterday.
Guess I didn't try hard enough because I ate 2 of them.

That's it for today
Thanks for poppin' in for a visit.
A happy Monday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

20 comments:

Tom said...

...those bull headed bulls weren't to listen to you, Karen!

Hootin Anni said...

All I can say is BRRrrrr!!

Granny Marigold said...

That sure must have been a cold walk!
I'm enjoying Wordle so much that I've gone to the archives and play there as well. Many in my family are playing and when we see each other one of the first questions is "Did you get the word today?"

William Kendall said...

The bulls don't seem to mind.

Lowcarb team member said...

You certainly got some lovely photographs, but it does look very cold!

Wordle is very popular, but I still haven't tried it.

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

Beautiful blue snow sunrise!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Have never seen anything like bulls covered with frost!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gentle hugs...

ellen b. said...

You are a good friend to those bulls. They were bullheaded to not take your instruction! :) That's a good tip about vaseline on the face! Nice cold photos. We had another 3 inches of snow on Valentine's day!

Galla Creek said...

You are a trooper to walk in the cold. I want it to be at least 40 degrees. I am ashamed of my whimsy self.

Mari said...

Brr here too! It's supposed to get warmer tomomorrow.
I love the Drane house!
Good for you and Ken for coming up with a good shopping system.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you did have a cold walk! I have an app on my phone that is a "knock-off" of Wordle and I enjoy that. It will keep giving my puzzles as long as I want to keep doing doing. Charly does our grocery shopping. I do not enjoy shopping at all, but he does. He will do the shopping, but then always leaves quite a few things out for me to put away (not stuff that needs to go in the refrigerator). Glad you had another good day. See you again tomorrow.

Rose said...

That would have been so cold to walk in! Just a bit too cold for my blood. I really like that photo of the Drane house. It has been a while, hasn't it? I always wonder just how much the animals notice the cold.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really is cold! Those poor bulls too! I've played Wordle a few times this week but I'm not good at it. I can do timed puzzles and games really well but so far I'm not enjoying this game. I'll keep trying though! Enjoy your evening!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amazing how the bulls keep warm in their thick coats.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am sure the bulls are ok, but I feel sorry for them and the frosty look on their backs. Pretty view of the Drane House. I have tried the Wordle game, I do love word games. Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

You are the most dedicated walker I know.... good for you!
I think the coldest weather that we've walked in was 3 degrees, and yes, our cheeks were swaddled in scarves :)
I can tell you, we only did that once...*smile*.
Poor ol' cows.
It has been a false spring here, and I have spring fever, although we will get a return to winter, I'm sure.
I, like you, will enjoy each warmer day as much as possible.

I've not heard of that game that you mentioned.

Have a great rest of your week.
Warm wishes :)
~K.

Kim said...

You were brave to walk in such cold temps. Certainly an exhilarating experience! Have you ever had a treadmill? I'm considering getting one, but there are so many out there. It's proving to be quite a pain.

It's neat how you and Ken like different aspects of your shopping trip so that everything gets done cheerfully. We're like that, too. Funny how married people turn out that way, isn't it?

Bill said...

I can feel the chill looking at the bulls.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It amazes me how the animals get used to the cold and it doesn’t seem to bother them.

Happy@Home said...

I am cold just hearing about your walk and seeing that poor bull.
I have been seeing Wordle mentioned here and there, but have not checked into it. I do like to play Words with Friends so I should check into it. How do you access it?