Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 07, 2022

Walking Outside


The temperature was 16 degrees, no wind, 
and it was sunny so drove to town and walked around town where I could.

No walking on the main road through town with the
sidewalks covered in ice and snow, nor around the ball park
or the lower cemetery.
BUT there were plenty of other places to walk.

Took a few extra loops around the cemetery on top of the hill.
Went down to see the bulls.
I've missed them.



Walking down from the cemetery I spotted these two deer.
Can you see them down on the left?


The town pond covered in ice and snow.



Walked up and down the side streets and around past the
day care center.
Went a little ways up Sale Barn Road and took this picture
of some more of Farmer Marvin's cows.


All those gloves I put on the posts along the road are all gone.
I'm guessing some one picking up litter along the road
including that in the litter.

Didn't see any others out walking.

Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿ˜Š    ๐Ÿฅพ

Made French toast for breakfast and started on this 
weeks house work in the morning.

After lunch we went to the library to pick up a few books,
one for Ken and 2 for me.
I got the next to Harmony series books.
Not much to the books, just a couple of skinny little things.
Not sure if I should even count them in my book count for the year.

Oh no, we started another puzzle.
It's a pretty easy one but still enough of a challenge to be fun.
Will probably have it done in a day or two.
Will post a picture when it's done.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
A happy Monday to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Jeanette said...

Well, I'm glad you finally got to walk outside! Maybe the bulls missed you too!

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, I see the deer between the small opening of background trees. Loved seeing the bulls.

Look forward to the finished puzzle

Tom said...

...#1 is the winner in my book!

Debi said...

It looks like the bulls missed you too! I think you should count every book no matter the size! We are working on a very tough puzzle right now... so tough that it really isn't fun. I'm not sure if we will finish it or drop it off at the thrift store for someone else to try. Have a great week!

Rose said...

I bet it was fun to get outside again! And to get to see the bulls would be the icing on the cake. I did see the deer!

Mari said...

So cold, but what a beautiful walk! Sunshine, snow, cows... I love it!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that you got to walk outside today. I will probably be reading #2 in the Harmony series later this month. I really liked the first Harmony book. It was really cold where you are today. It is almost like spring here this week. I will look forward to seeing that puzzle. See you again tomorrow.

Granny Marigold said...

What a lot of snow you have!! I did spot the deer away out in the field. It looks like it was a good day for walking. We left the house just before 7 and were surprised that it was so much brighter out than 5 days ago. We only walk that early on days when DH goes to Gleaners
( which starts at 8:30). Once we get back home he leaves and I get going on my morning routine.

William Kendall said...

That's a good deal of snow around.

Lisa said...

The bulls do not seem to mind the cold. Glad you got your walk in. We have not walked outside in a while. Just too cold for me and by the time I get off work, it’s dark. Can’t wait til it warms up a bit.
Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

The blue sky and sunshine look so good.

Hill Top Post said...

Your first picture is my favorite for the day. The caption for it could read, “Happy to be out walking again.”

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Take care with all that snow and ice. Best wishes.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes and views, I love the cows. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Vee said...

Lovely snowy scenes of your town. I am glad that you found a way to walk outside again. Do you think the bulls missed you? (I think so.)

Martha said...

Such beautiful scenery! I'm glad you visited the bulls, I bet they missed you too. :)

Anita said...

Oh much snow!Where is this??!
I must say I am overwhelmed by how beautiful this blog of yours is.
You have so much to give us from this place.
The bulls do not look dangerous(I am afraid of bulls hih hih)! They seem kind!
I read that you walk along the cemetery! It's a nice walk. Soothing and then you get fresh air! Delicious for the evening when you can be inside with something good to eat. Hope you and your family and friends are fine

Greetings Anita

Bill said...

Your first photo is my favorite too. Nice to see the bulls again.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You are determined to walk in town, when and if you can!!!!!!

Yes, fun to see the bulls.

The weather seems to have 'gentled down' up here, this week. No frigid nights. But who knows about next week!?!?!? :-)

๐Ÿ˜ท ๐Ÿ‘ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ท ๐Ÿ‘ง ๐Ÿ˜ท
Masks and Kids
Badddddddddddd

ellen b. said...

Glad you could go to town and that you found safe spots to walk. Glad you could see the bulls again. I agree with Vee.

Kim said...

Lots of fun on this day! Sweet bulls. Love the deer sighting. Looks like a lovely day for a walk. And French toast, puzzle and a library run to boot!