Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 11, 2022

Sunny Walk

 29 degrees when I went walking this morning.
A clear morning, no wind, and sunny once it came over the mountain.

The town pond when I first got to town.


The pond at the end of my walk.


I can walk anywhere in town now without ice and snow 
except for the ball park loop - that is still icy, it doesn't get much sun.

Walked all over town and the lower cemetery.
Saved the cemetery on top of the hill till last because it
was so nice and sunny up there in the open,
and went around several times!
I even had to take one of my sweatshirts off.


Didn't see any people out walking but did see
a couple deer,
a rabbit,
and it was a treat to spot 2 Blue Birds.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ˜Š

Finished up this weeks house work before lunch.

We went for a little ride and stopped and got lunch
at the drive thru McDonalds.
Don't do that very often.

This afternoon I spent mostly knitting.
Wanted to finish the white blanket I'm working on before
starting anything else, but that new Pop Bernat yarn was calling
me so started another project.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Friday to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

22 comments:

Tom said...

...the sky can change quickly, nice change in the morning.

ellen b. said...

Happy for you that you could have a walk in town with some warming sunshine! What fun to see Bluebirds!

Rose said...

I bet it was nice to not have to worry about ice. I went out again, to bring this one garbage can back into the garage and I still had to be so very careful. But a lot of the snow and ice melted today...but it is supposed to be below freezing all day tomorrow.

Bill said...

Nice views of the pond.

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to walk without the ice, I enjoyed seeing your photographs.

Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

Martha said...

You always have such beautiful photos Karen. It looks and sounds like it was a nice day. Have a great weekend! :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You can bet I will take you up on that offer of new slippers when the ones I have wear out. They are so warm and cozy and are holding up very nicely! So glad you were able to get out and walk without worrying about the ice. Charly and I also stop at McDonalds for a drive-through lunch every once in a while, and I always get a Happy Meal! Glad you had a good day. See you again tomorrow!

Debi said...

Glad you don't have to deal with the ice anymore. I loved the photos of the pond... so pretty! Isn't funny how new yarn can persuade you to change your plans? Enjoy your weekend!

Hill Top Post said...

This morning's pictures are gorgeous. As we move into longer days and more light, I am reminded of long summer days with a warm breeze blowing through my hair. There's very little ice and snow left here; just a smidgen here and there in hidden pockets on the north side of hills.

Mari said...

I like your shots of the pond at the beginning and end of your walk. It was a pretty day for a walk!

Granny Marigold said...

Lucky you seeing those Bluebirds. It does make you wonder what they're doing back so soon though.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Still looks cold out there.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Love both pond photos!! The shadows, how they changed over time.

McDonalds?!! Boy, it's been a long time for us ...love their filet o'fish sandwich!!

eileeninmd said...

The photos of the pond are so pretty, what a lovely scene. It is a treat to see the pretty Bluebirds and Sunshine makes me happy. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

Vee said...

How nice to be able to avoid ice now on your walks in town. There may be a bump or two, but basically, you're headed toward spring in a big way. (I, on the other hand, have weeks and weeks to go.)

Sandy said...

I understand the yarn calling out to you to start a project. We've all done that for sure. I brought 3 projects in the works with me and yarn for a 4th. Soo, enjoy your new yarn and show us what you're working on. Well done on the walking, and how nice to see the snow melt. Temps are cold, but looks like you're having wonderful sun. I like walking through cemeteries, so peaceful.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Beautiful photos and a lovely post again!
Have a great weekend and take care...
Titti

Jeanette said...

Nice to be able to walk outside without ice!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

:-) Best part... Went for a ride and got lunch... :-)

This Sunday
Eat 'Junk'
Grinnnnnnnnnnn

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunshine makes everything look so pretty.

William Kendall said...

I do like that cemetery view.

Debby said...

I bet that sunshine area higher on the hill felt nice. That pond looks nice. I bet it's beautiful in the spring and summer.