Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Saturday

When I walked this morning it was 33 degrees
with light snow flurries and a little wind.
Sunrise 7:12

A walk through town and up and down the side streets.
Then headed over to the industrial park.
Passed our house we lived in when we lived in town.
I've stopped feeling bad about all my gardens the new people ripped out.


 Walking down into the industrial park.
The road on the right is the parking lot into the Dollar General.


After walking all around the industrial park I walked down this road
to the end where there is a circle and walked back again.
It is between the main road and the industrial park.
Nice road to walk down with the gentle rolling grade.


Pretty quiet around town on this early Saturday morning
but I did see Rebecca out running.

Getting back to the parking lot a woman had just parked at the
church and asked me if it wasn't too icy to be out walking.
I told everything was just wet and not slippery at all.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌨    😊    🥾

We got the slow cooker filled with chili ingredients first thing
after breakfast so supper was taken care of.  
I browned the ground beef and the hot pork sausage and Ken cut 
up all the vegetables.
What a team!! ❤️

Last night we watched the Music Man.
I've seen it a couple of times. 
Very unrealistic but enjoyable and entertaining.

Only did the basic house chores today and 
then did some more reading and knitting.
A fun day.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Saturday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Love is friendship that has caught fire. 
It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. 
It is loyalty through good and bad times. 
It settles for less than perfection 
and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
- Ann Landers -

21 comments:

Tom said...

...gardens don't appeal to all buyers. I've over landscaped our house and I love it, but the next will no doubt think differently.

William Kendall said...

I doubt I could ever garden.

Galla Creek said...

I found your blog and will stop by. We have things in common—a love of walking and our personal relationship with a common friend, Jesus Christ. I am 72, a retired teacher, a widow. I lost my husband of 49 years in 2020.

Lowcarb team member said...

It sounds as if you've had a lovely day.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

Sounds like you had a very nice day. After reading this I think I better put chili on the menu again!

Martha said...

Sounds like a perfect Saturday if you ask me. Enjoy the evening Karen. :)

Rose said...

Looks like it was a perfect day to.walk...temp would be hood for walking. We had flurries all day and wind and temps was in n 20's.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Nothing like homemade chili. It is a favorite at our house. I love the quote from Ann Landers at the end. I remember well when you moved from Ellicott City to the house in town that you took a picture of today. Hope your Sunday is a good one. See you again soon!

Hootin Anni said...

I used to live my flowers here. But they are all for subtropical weather, and the last two winters; freezing. Losing everything and replacing to lose again is frustrating. So maybe gardening is finished for us.

Chili sounds great.

Hootin Anni said...

live...should be love.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is a shame about the garden, not everyone wants to spend time working in the garden. I am glad you could walk safely, the roads were not icy. We had more snow overnight. Your chili sounds good, I love using my crockpot.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The snow is clearing at last.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi KAREN- We've been in our present house 42 years...in the beginning there was very little 'garden' - now things are overgrown and it has cost a lot to rid ourselves of Palm Trees that we planted 40 years ago- if only we could have imagined how tall they would eventually be. Stay safe and well there. KEV.

Sandi said...

What a peaceful place!

Inger said...

Your blog is so lovely, the way you describe each day. It's great you walk so early because I see no traffic.

Bill said...

The snow is not sticking around, that make walking a little bit easier. Enjoy your day.

ellen b. said...

Glad you had an easier day for walking in better conditions. Your old house is a very nice looking home. Glad they are keeping it tidy. Have a wonderful Sunday!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, First of all, thank you for always answering my questions. Enjoyed this post. I must say that I continue to learn neat things from you. The idea of doing chili in the slow cooker … OMG, that is for me! :-) I will do it this coming week. One more thing … that is cool to see a photo of your old house. I can’t believe they took out your gardens. I always admired your gardens! Wishing you and Ken a happy week ahead. John

Jeanette said...

Sone people can't be bothered to maintain a garden I guess. Looks like it was a nice house to live in. I have a preference for ranch houses!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ahhhhh, your last house. I don't remember how it looked (pretty) but I remember that you had a pellet stove. Am I right? :-)

Debby said...

Chili sure sounds good to me right now.

Yeah, I'd be bummed too that they tore out their gardens you slaved over but it belongs to them. Sometimes you just want to know, "why?"