Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Sunday

 A cold (20 degrees) but sunny walk this morning. 😃

Happy Sunday
A sunset from this past week.


📖    📖    📖

Some of the gravestones have Bible verses written on them.

Here are a couple of them.


 I Thessalonians 5:17

 Pray without ceasing.

Psalm 23

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.

 He restoreth my soul: 
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: 
thou anointest my head with oil; 
my cup runneth over.

 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Ephesians 6:10

 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.


Psalm 116:15

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

Psalm 66:16

Come and hear, all ye that fear God, 
and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.


A Blessed Sunday to all. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

17 comments:

Tom said...

...a beautiful ending to your day. Take care and stay warm and well.

Debby said...

I enjoy old cemeteries. I have been posting grave photos for Find-a-grave for over 10 years. I get requests from people from all over and it is such a joy to do this for them. IT seems nowadays, people don't put that much on the gravestone; whether it be just too expensive now or what. The old graves, tell a story.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your walk in the cemetery is like a bible lesson. Your sunset photo is so stunning! To me, the bare trees represent strength, and the sky is God giving it!

LC said...

Whatever the temperature, those scriptures warm the soul. Blessings this week!

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous photo! One of my favorite bible passages is the Lord's prayer.

William Kendall said...

Quite a glorious sunset.

Galla Creek said...

I like the verses. Sun was shining here today I walked over an hour.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely photograph.
Happy Sunday Wishes.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

The Word of God is powerful!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I think I would like a scripture on my tomb stone that that everyone who sees it might know that I was/am a believer in Jesus Christ. Thanks and have a great week!

Mari said...

Such a beautiful sunrise! I like old gravestones and I really appreciate the verses on them. Giving testimony years after the person is gone!

Rajani Rehana said...

So beautiful post

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sunset, a wonderful end to your day.
Take care, enjoy your day. Have a happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for a wonderful post, Happyone.

God bless.

Bill said...

A stunning sunset.

Vee said...

Gravestones are a person's last chance to testify. Those are some wonderful examples.

Rose said...

The 23rd Psalm is a favorite of mine.