Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 02, 2022

No Walk Today

Doesn't happen very often but today I took the day off 
and didn't walk at all - inside or outside.
Are you shocked. 😮

Today we made the trip to Bedford, Pa
and picked up 20,000 scriptures for the Fingerprint Ministry at church.

We had nice sunny weather for the trip and we stopped
before coming back home at the Wendy's there in Bedford
for lunch and had hot spicy chicken sandwiches.

When we got back home and walked passed the puzzle,
I stopped to put in a piece.
Didn't stop till it was finished.
Ken worked on it too.


Will wait a few days before starting another one.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some work done.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Debi - We leave the finished puzzle up for a couple of days too. 

GrannyM - Didn't wear the traction cleats yesterday.  Didn't need them walking to town.  Can't wear them on dry ground and don't like to take them on and off while walking.  Only put them on when the ground is covered with ice and snow.

MsBB - We hear that we will be getting rain, then ice, and finally snow starting later tonight.  I'd rather have all snow than ICE!! 

19 comments:

Tom said...

...what shocks me is how much you walk!

Hill Top Post said...

What a fun puzzle! I hope Ken got to add the final train engine puzzle piece. Our forecast for tonight is calling for ice. Yes, give us snow, please! I may need traction cleats tomorrow!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, I am surprised that you didn't walk today, but it's totally fine to take a day off now and then. I love the puzzle. I keep thinking of starting a puzzle, then something comes up and I don't do it. Sounds like you had a nice little road trip and lunch out. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Pom Pom said...

Yay! I'm glad you occasionally have a no walk day!

Vee said...

Am I shocked? Yes. But I see It was for a good reason. A winter weather mess is headed our way, too. Like you, snow would be best.

William Kendall said...

I have never eaten at Wendy's.

ellen b. said...

Well it is okay to take a day off once in a while. Glad you had a safe trip and nice lunch. I like that puzzle! Happy February to you!

Rose said...

I did a double take when I read you didn't walk...I thought I was seeing wrong!

Granny Marigold said...


When we used to do puzzles I found it hard to walk past without stopping to put in "one piece". An hour later I would still be there!!

Martha said...

I am a bit shocked that you didn't walk today, but not at all shocked that you stopped for a piece of the puzzle and then finished it. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The puzzle is very nice with the bright colors. I think a day off is good from time to time. I hope the weather is nicer tomorrow. It's been a hard winter for so much of the country. Take care!

Kim said...

It's nice to take a day off now and then from our routines. Sounds like you still accomplished a lot.

Connie said...

I love doing puzzles like that one that are so busy and have a lot going on in them. It's the ones that are all sky or fields of fall leaves that drive me crazy. Every piece looks the same.

Hootin Anni said...

I know I will be glad when our winter is over here. We are to get sleet and 27° today/tonight ...normally it's 50s for lows this time of year.

Love the puzzle

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A very colourful and difficult puzzle to complete. Well done.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Some times a day off is good. You had a nice trip and a good lunch. The puzzle is cute, love the picture. Take care, enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Great job on finishing the puzzle. I hope you enjoyed the day off from walking.

Happy@Home said...

Yes, it is a bit shocking when there is no walk :)
That puzzle is so cute!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Everyone needs a day off, now and then.

So...... good for you.

Hope your storm is not too bad.

Hope ours, due later this afternoon, is not too bad.

🌺Thank you Dear Commenters🌺