Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 01, 2022

Walking to town

The road down to the main road from our house wasn't bad
for walking so when it got light out I decided to walk to town.
It was 17 degrees with a slight breeze and the sun had
come popping over the mountain.

Walking along this road to the main road.
Icy in spots but easy to walk around them.


Once I got to town I saw there was no way I was
going to find good places to walk.
Tried walking to one of the cemeteries and it was too icy.
The side roads liked like this in town
so I walked back toward home.


On the way home I passed up the road leading to home and walked
down 219 a ways, then turned around walked to my street and home.

Lots of people driving by gave me a toot and wave as they passed me.
It was more than usual.
Think maybe people haven't seen me walking for a while and were
saying welcome back.  That's what it seemed like anyway. 🙂
Sure was nice to outside walking.
Walked a little less than usual at 5.2 miles.

🌤    🥾    🌤

After a cold morning walk it was nice to have a hot bowl
of oatmeal for breakfast.
It was a late breakfast because I left late walking.
Didn't want to walk in the dark - wanted to see if there were icy spots.

Skipped food shopping today because we didn't really need anything.

Just did the basic house chores and then spent way too
much time working on the puzzle.
It's almost finished already.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

 

22 comments:

Tom said...

...it's nice to see some pavement showing, be careful of the ice.

Rose said...

I love that first view...I bet it did feel wonderful to be outside...it was on the warm side here today. I was outside with flip flops and my feet did not get cold.

William Kendall said...

It's been awhile since I had oatmeal.

Deb J. in Utah said...

It was cold here today too, but still no snow. I exercised downstairs. Glad you had another good day. See you tomorrow.

Hill Top Post said...

There's nothing like getting out and breathing fresh air early in the morning. I also really like your first picture.

Kim said...

I'm glad you were able to get some outside walking done today. Found out we had a bunch of puzzles in a storage tub in the attic. Thought of you when I opened it. Need to start one myself.

Mari said...

Glad you got to get outside and even made it to town today!

Debi said...

Glad you are cautious walking when it's icy. We finished our fourth puzzle yesterday and will start another one tomorrow. We like to leave them out for a day or two after we finish them. Seems a shame to put in all that work and then just put it back in the box!

Connie said...

I'm glad that you're being careful . . . now that I've seen your cleats I don't worry as much.

Granny Marigold said...

Were your cleats not enough or didn't you wear them? Walking outside would definitely be better than having to walk indoors. We had a sunny day and although the temperature was just above freezing it was lovely for walking.

Hootin Anni said...

Great photo captures!! I didn't any blurred images as you fell on a slick icy spot, so all the better!!!

Yes, hot oatmeal on a cold sunny day is perfect!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad you are careful while out walking on the roads.
It is nice to get outdoors in the sunshine. If only it was warmer.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You still have a lot of snow over there. Take care.

God bless.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

But, you did make it back!!!! -grin-

One can never spend 'way too much time,' on a fun project!!!!! :-)

Wondering if you are in the line of this coming storm? But then, we all wait and see. The Weather People can't make precise forecasts.

Thank you, Tom
💗 🏈 💗 🏈 💗

Sue said...

I always enjoy walking with you, even if the roads are a bit icing, ice/snow are pretty but play havoc on walking,we have had three consecutive weekends of both, it is very dangerous if you are not used to it, and we aren't, but animals have to be attended too!
Wishing you a belated Happy Anniversary,
Blessings,
Sue

Bill said...

I'd be a bit nervous walking on an icy road, all it takes is one fall. Enjoy your day.

Inger said...

Belated good wishes for your anniversary. Ken has created an amazing landscape for his trains.

Sandy said...

Looks cold even with the sun out. Looking at the road from your house and I thought...wow, you could slide off the edge if you had to jump out of the way of a car, or if you hit a slippery spot. Do be careful. But, good on you for getting out there and getting it done. Smart move on your part to wait til light, safer for sure. Keep it up. I just checked my January stats and I walked 113 or 115 miles in January, can't remember now what I saw, lol. Some bike riding during the month (since we're not home), so walking less; but I think it combines both. It's hard to get a good number for each though, as miles on the bike show up at about 50% of the actual miles. I've compared the same route from a walk to when I biked it. Guess it books every other step when you pump?

Jeanette said...

Yay! You finally got to walk outside again!

Michelle said...

Do be careful of the ice, it can be tricky.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Winter walking can be treacherous . I am so afraid of slipping and falling on the ice.

ellen b. said...

How nice to have people give you a greeting as you walk! Smart to avoid ice! Glad you could get out a bit. I haven't gotten back to my puzzle yet.