Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 18, 2022

Book Revealed

 It turned cold overnight and the rain turned to snow in the morning.
It was 22 degrees and very windy but I got bundled up
and drove to town anyway.


The road to town was fine but when I parked and got out of the Jeep I 
saw that there was a thin coating of ice covering the parking lot
and sidewalks.  I'm sure the side roads wouldn't be so great for
walking either so I got back in the Jeep and went home again.

My walking got done inside today.

🌨    💨    😊

Just did the very basic house chores today.

I unwrapped the book last night and started reading it this afternoon.
Valentine Murder by Leslie Meier

The new librarian is found dead at the bottom of the
stairs going down to the lower level of the library with
a bullet in her heart.

So far I'm liking it just fine.
I've never read any of her books.
This book is the fifth one in a very long series.
Oh no, another book series to add to my list.


Spent a good amount of time reading today.

Started the baby blanket for March.
Doing your idea Anni, of making a striped blanket.
It will be 7 different colors in 10 strips.

The snow didn't amount too much more that a dusting.
With it being so windy it just blew the snow all around.

❤️ Happy Friday ❤️
Thanks for poppin' in for a visit.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone 😊

19 comments:

Tom said...

...similar weather here, but by afternoon it was sunny and COLD!

Hootin Anni said...

I can't wait to see your blanket!! Exciting. And maybe a bit of a change in your handwork procedure? A change of pace so to speak.

I love murder mysteries.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That book looks interesting. Glad you are enjoying it. I am wondering if you get to keep it or is it just checked out from the library. Sounds like your library is a good one!

Martha said...

Sorry you weren't able to get outside for your walk today, definitely not worth the risk. Glad you had a good book to spend your day with. Have a great weekend Karen! :)

Rose said...

I am glad you got a book you like. I have not been reading a super lot but have read a few. I used to read so much. And I still feel like something is missing if I don't have a book I pick up and read.

We had a dusting of snow, but I was afraid it had ice under it so did not get out this day. (they were showing ice last night on the news.)

Mari said...

Similar weather here - ice last night with snow and high winds today. Right now I can hear it howling outside! It's good to be warm inside. :)

Galla Creek said...

I’m starting a baby blanket too. I haven’t picked a pattern. Where is the pattern you’re doing?

Kim said...

That looks like a fun read! 💖

Hill Top Post said...

The highway in your first picture looks like one I wouldn't attempt. But, it is a pretty picture. I usually stay away from murder mysteries, but this must be a good one to keep you reading.

Granny Marigold said...

Your latest book has a very timely title!!
It sure looks cold out your way. BRRR!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

More snow ... over here more rain ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Our weather seems to change daily, with temps going up and down.
I have read a few of the cozy mysteries by Leslie Meier. I do love the murder mysteries. The baby blanket sounds like it will be beautiful and colorful.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Sandy said...

Sorry about the snow and ice, smart move on your part to walk in doors instead. Far safer. FAlls are nothing to laugh about. Too many slip and get really hurt on ice. Post pictures of your blanket next post so we can see what you're working on. Glad you're enjoying the book. I've not gotten into murder mystery's...but it's also fun to get into a series.

Bill said...

Reading a good book is always a pleasure. Enjoy your weekend.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wise move... Winter is not done with us yet.

Sounds like a fun book!!!!!

🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

Vee said...

Wise choice to just return home given that skim of ice. You made me laugh out loud with your description of the gruesome murder and then your next sentence. Hope you can walk outside again soon.

William Kendall said...

We got similar weather here.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you are enjoying your book.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

I am a fan of a good murder mystery! Enjoy.