Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Another puzzle done

Back to normal at 25 degrees this morning when I walked.
Didn't see the sunrise at 6:56 because it was cloudy.
No wind.


Very quiet around town - seemed more like a Sunday.
Must not have been school today because didn't see any buses.

Dropped another book down the book slot at the library.
That was the last book, now waiting for the next books to arrive
at the library that we reserved.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park and up and down
the streets in town.

Some of the bulls were still sleeping in the hay.
One couldn't even be bothered to pick up his head. 🙂


Didn't see anyone else out walking.

This is a first for me to see while walking - forks.


Walked a tad over 6 miles

☁️    🥾    😊

I made us strawberry pancakes for breakfast.
That is my favorite breakfast.
No, I take that back, chocolate chip pancakes are.
I should have put both, strawberries AND chocolate chips in.
Will do that next time. 😊

Finished the puzzle.
This was a fun one and pretty easy.


I bought a poinsettia back in November.
Have had them before but they always died.
This one seems to be still doing fine and even getting more red leaves.
At the same time I bought one for Liz too and her's died long ago.


Didn't really get much work done but it was a good day doing
fun stuff.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Thursday. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
MsBB - We are supposed to be getting ice over night.  Much rather have snow!!!!

21 comments:

Sandi said...

Happy Thursday, Karen! 🌸

Rose said...

I wonder what the bull is thinking as he lays there? Maybe 'this is the life!' It was such a dreary day here.

Hootin Anni said...

That poinsettia looks very healthy!!!
That one bull looks contented. Sweet.
Cute puzzle.

I've been craving pancakes (do you make them from scratch?)

Be on the lookout for baby forks in the future! 😉

Tom said...

...forks in the road?

ellen b. said...

Haha! Chuckling at Tom's comment. That is odd to find forks! Done already with the puzzle?! Strawberries are on the menu for tonight in trifle form. We're having our granddaughters and our grands over for Taco salad and Strawberry trifle for dessert. Have a good Thursday evening...

William Kendall said...

Lovely flowers.

Martha said...

Glad you had a nice walk today. Forks sure are a strange thing to see, but you'll get a kick out of this - for years my daughter has said she sees forks everywhere all the time. Isn't that weird?! I knew you'd have that puzzle all finished up today and breakfast sounds delicious. Definitely strawberry and chocolate chips next time, that's a perfect combo!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that your poinsettia is still thriving! Beautiful! I have never had one stay alive much past the first of January. I love your puzzle too. I need to get the one I am working on finished. Glad you had another good day. See you again tomorrow.

Mari said...

I can never keep poinsetta's alive.
I really like that puzzle!
It was sunny here this morning, but oh, so cold! More snow coming tonight.
I love the photo you took this morning!

Ginny Hartzler said...

We have been doing quite a few puzzles, but this is one I haven't seen. It looks like a good one! So strange, those entangles forks!! Your Poinsettia is gorgeous and so full!

Agnes CF Lee said...

Nice country side, peaceful with fresh air. The puzzle is nice.

Granny Marigold said...

The bulls look very content lying there and being lazy.
That was a fast puzzle to do and it looks great.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty view and I love the bulls. Nice puzzle and the poinsettia is beautiful.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

susan q said...

You are a fast walker, I only walk 2 miles in one hour. Can't seem to go any faster. I also found a fork on my walk but then I'm in a park so not so unusual to find one there but a first for me. Was near the sledding hill. What did the placque near the birdhouse pic say, couldn't read it. Sleet overnight here;(Looks like another great walking day for you!

Galla Creek said...

I think you are getting the ice we had. Hope you enjoy it more than I did.

Bill said...

The bull needed his rest and ignored you. :)

Jeanette said...

Oh that's funny about the forks! I wonder what the story is what those!

Kim said...

A fun day is always nice. A mini-vacation from the usual demands. Nice work on the puzzle!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

FORKS????? LOL

Perhaps from a picnic, if in a field...

But a winter picnic????

A mystery!!!!!!!!!

Hope you didn't get ice. We got quite a bit of snow.

Retired Knitter said...

The puzzle I am working on now is KILLING me! It is harder than the last one. I will plow on, however, because I wanted to frame this one. And I like the finished picture, but if those two things were not true, I would give up on it - and literally throw it away.