Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 14, 2022

A busy day

It was snowing again this morning and 7 degrees so started
my walking inside and walked 2 miles.

I made pancakes for breakfast and colored the batter red
for Valentine's Day.

Got the sheets off the bed washed and put on the drying rack.
Then went outside to shovel the driveway.
The snow had stopped but started again after I got done
shoveling the driveway.


 Since I was already outside bundled up decided to go walking.
Went up and down the lane a couple of times.




After a while it stopped snowing and the sun came out.


Between shoveling and walking got all my miles in for the day.

While out walking I saw David and Liz come down the lane on
their way to work.
Stopped to say hi and they said they would stop by this
afternoon after work.

Back inside I made some heart shaped Sugar Cookies
and after lunch made Royal Icing and iced them.  


I've had a busy day and it was nice to sit by the glass doors
and knit for a little while
till David and Liz came by for a little visit.
They enjoyed a few cookies
and went home with a few more.

Topped off the day by making home made pizza for supper.
It's been a very good day.

Thanks for poppin' in for a visit.
❤️ Happy Valentine's Day ❤️
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone 😊

24 comments:

William Kendall said...

The sunshine lighting up the woods is cheerful.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a busy and happy Valentines Day :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...your fresh snow looks wonderful. Take care and stay warm and well.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunlight casting long shadows on the snow is so pretty. I am sure those cookies tasted wonderful. I made heart shaped tea biscuits for supper today.

Rose said...

You had a busy day...but good it sounds like. I love that photo with the sun and shadows...

Rose said...

I forgot to say Happy Valentine's Day!

Vee said...

Very pretty plate of Valentine's cookies. How pleasant to have a Valentine visit from David and Liz. I enjoyed a brief visit from Adam this evening...always good. Anything to break up an evening.

Figures it would begin snowing again once you finished shoveling. I guess we're in for more rain and ice this week, 🤦🏻‍♀️
I like your snow much better.

Mari said...

Happy Valentines day! It sounds like you had a very nice day. The snow is pretty - and it happened here too. The cookies look good!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Karen. Wow, what a snowy day you had - and 7 degrees! That is really cold. The cookies look so delicious. So glad that David and Liz stopped by. Great idea putting red food dye in the pancake batter. Very festive for Valentine's Day. See you again tomorrow.

Galla Creek said...

I’m hoping our snow is passed. I’m not as dedicated as you. I don’t usually walk in snow, well,, not far. I walk to the mailbox even then. I’d die for one of those cookies. My fav….

Hill Top Post said...

I love the snowy lane and the valentine cookies. What fun it would have been to stop by for a little visit!

Granny Marigold said...

You sure had a snowy Valentines day! Those heart-shaped cookies look good. I used to make some every year but don't any more.

Hootin Anni said...

Your outdoor photos remind me of Robert Frostand his poem Stopping By the Woods...

Sweet looking cookies.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Heavy Snow there Karen- I'm surprised you walk in these cold blustery conditions....we don't have snow here- so I don't really know what it would be like to experience it. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the snow scenes, we had a light dusting of snow. Your cookies look delicious. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

Bill said...

Nice light on those trees and it makes great shadows.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful scenery ... the snow ... and the cookies too.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You've had a very cold winter this year. We've had more cold nights than usual here too...it was in the 30s last night. Enjoy your day! Hope the sun shines for your walk.

Jeanette said...

Perfect Valentine's Day Cookies!

Ruta M. said...

Love seeing the sun shining on the snow and glad you managed to get to walk outside. Enjoy your cookies, they look delicious.

Inger said...

It used to snow like that here too, in the So. California mountains. It no longer does. Snow is forecast for today. We'll see. The drought is awful, it sort of wears you down. Feel so bad for the wild animals.

Kerin said...

It sounds like a very nice day, indeed!
I love that you made sweet~heart cookies special for the day.
Also happy for you to be able to get outside in the fresh air for part of your walk.

Smiles :)
~K.

ellen b. said...

Glad you had a good Valentine's day and were able to share some love with your kids, too.

Kim said...

Sounds like a lovely Valentine's Day. Your cookies look delicious.