Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Wednesday

Snowed again this morning - stopped by lunch time and then it was sunny.
Stayed pretty cold all day, around 10 degrees so I ended
up getting all my walking done inside today.

A left over picture from yesterday.


🌨    ☁️    🌤

Today I got the bathroom cleaned and did some dusting.
I think of all the house hold jobs dusting is my least favorite.

We took all our rubbish to the dump in Grantsville
and stopped in at the drugstore on the way home.

When we got home I had an email from the library saying
my two books on hold were in.
Thought about going back out to get them but since I'm
still reading the Pickwick Papers will just go tomorrow to get the books.

Did some knitting this afternoon again and thats about all I did today.

Planned on making a meatloaf for supper but instead of 
putting it in the slow cooker or oven I mixed all the ingredients
and divided it into 4 sections.
Flattened them out and cooked them on the griddle.
We ate two and froze the other two.
Had mashed potatoes and peas with it.

Thanks so much for visiting.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
- Chinese Proverb -

Comment Replies:
Ms BB - Face masks are required here in the library but other places it is recommended but not required.  

16 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a sunny day that got up to 16F, went out with my camera!

William Kendall said...

I don't mind dusting, but don't do it often enough.

Hootin Anni said...

I wait 'til I can write in the dust!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, I don't like to dust either, and that is on my "to do" list for tonight. I need to get going and get it done! See you again tomorrow. :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

I don't mind dusting, and I don't mind ironing ...
You are fortunate to be able to get your walk indoors.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

You know...dusting is not a favorite of mine. I have noticed that dust accumulated more in our homes in Southern California than in the wetter areas of Washington State. When the sun comes out it really exposes that dust!! We can't go to the dump until we can get our truck out of the shop. Long story...
Enjoy some ice cream tonight!!

Mari said...

I made meatloaf for supper yesterday. It's one of my hubby's favorite meals. He likes it with scalloped potatoes and baked beans - so that's what we had!

NanaDiana said...

Dusting is my least favorite, too! And vacuuming comes in a close second. lol We finally made it above zero˚F (wind chills today were MINUS 23˚F. Too cold for this southern loving gal. xo Diana

Rose said...

We had sun again! It was cold...not sure how warm it got, but was 0 this morn.

Dusting is my least favorite, too.

Granny Marigold said...

I picked up 2 books from the library today. I requested them last week and they were ready yesterday. Once the nice weather arrives I'll have less time for reading but for now...

We had a sunny day today; well, once the fog disappeared. Still it was really chilly out there.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is really cold and the trails here are icy. Where does all the dust come from, house work is never done. The meatloaf sounds yummy. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

Bill said...

Dusting always makes me sneeze.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We had meatloaf last night and grilled it outside...not as cold here though. But we are having some cold temps overnight this week. Hope the day is a good one and you get to walk outside. Be careful!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We aren't getting much more snow, but the temps are frigid. Brrrrrrrr....

Cool idea about how you did the meatloaf. Always good to find a different way to do, an 'old' thing. :-)

Stay warm!

Oh and btw, how do you heat? think I remember that in the previous house, you had a pellet stove...

💗 💗 💗

Connie said...

Meatloaf sounds so good, I haven't made one in over two years. It was one of Steve's favorite meals. I'm heading outside today (temp 28 degrees) to see if I can take down our nativity and put it away. I've been waiting for the snow to melt a little bit more, but feel bad still having my Christmas outside lights and decorations up. They are not lit at night, but still up. Also I want them to last, so I think that I need to put on my snow boots and get busy. Phone in pocket, in case of falls.

Kim said...

Your snow is gorgeous! Very clever idea about the meatloaf patties. Why not? Tastes the same and more crispy bits! Will have to try it myself next time we have meatloaf. Take care!