Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Tuesday

A few more inches of snow fell overnight and by early morning it at stopped.
Started walking in the basement.

Pancakes sounded like just the thing for breakfast, 
Ken agreed so I made some.

A little after breakfast when the temperature was 20 degrees 
Ken and I went out to clear the driveway of snow.
Just used shovels because there wasn't that much snow.
That done Ken went inside and I went for a walk.

Walking down the driveway.


While walking up the lane a light snow started falling once again.


 Hardly ever meet anyone while walking around up the lane
and then it isn't people but a vehicle.
Though I did once come across David and Liz walking.

Happy to say I got all 6 miles walked again.

☁️   🌨   🥾 

After lunch we went the Shop and Save, but only needed a 
few things, so were in and out pretty quickly.
Also stopped at the library to drop off some books.
They were handing out little bags of face masks to everyone
who wanted them.  5 were in a bag.  We each took a bag.

Got things put away when we got home, did a couple of
things around the house and read for a while.
Got a couple more rows knitted on the white blanket too.

In the afternoon we saw a quick peek of the sun.
Just long enough to know it is still up there somewhere. ⛅️

Another easy supper - frozen pizza that we had made last week.

So nice of you to stop by for a visit.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize 
how good things really are.
- Marianne Williamson -

17 comments:

Tom said...

...thanks for sharing Marianne Williamson's quote, words to remember.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that quote at the end. I read one of Marianne Williamson's books last year and it was soooooo good! I know you always enjoy running into David and Liz. What a blessing that they live so close. Pharmacies around here are supposed to be giving out face masks, but I haven't stopped in to get any because I get all I need through the school. I wouldn't be surprised if our local libraries are giving them out too. The other day, I went to the library and there was a rack there with a lot of brand new coats, that still had tags on them. There was a sign on the rack saying, if you are cold, please take a coat! Wow, I thought that was so nice. I don't know where the coats came from, but I was at a library that is in an area where there is homeless people and others who don't have a lot. I thought it was so nice that the library had coats completely free for those who needed them. See you again tomorrow.

Mari said...

It's been snowing again here too. I was out shoveling the walks today, because I was home. Usually, Bob beats me home and does it.
I really like that quote!

Debi said...

Last week on the news they said that local pharmacies had the KN95 masks for sale. I stopped in and they were only $1.99 so I bought six. This week they are handing them out for free... oh well. Glad you got your six miles in, have a great week!

William Kendall said...

Pancakes are welcome on a cold day.

Rose said...

We had sunshine all day today! But it was too cold to enjoy being outside. I think it did get up to 25 for just a few minutes but the wind made it feel colder.

That snow makes everything look so beautiful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I hope you are enjoying all that snow as much as I am here. We have lots of snow this winter and it makes me happy. Goodness, I have not had pancakes in a very long time. Guess I’ll have to remedy that soon.

Hill Top Post said...

I am remembering all those foggy days in August. Old weather lore says for every foggy day in August there will be a snowfall. I can’t help getting excited about snow!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The snow looks wonderful, but I bet it is very cold where you are. Take care.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

The fresh snow looks so pretty. I think they are calling for a storm Friday evening, more snow on the way. Pancakes sound yummy. I heard they are giving away free mask at various places. Great quote, life is good. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

...are the masks the "best" kind? Awesome.
We actually had sunshine too...after days of gray and rain. A welcome sight.

Bill said...

Pancakes on a cold winter morning sounds great.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wondering if you have to wear masks, around your area?

Guess the library is trying to get people to wear them in there.

Here, you can't get in library without a "mask guard" handing you one. I got sick of it, and stopped going to library.

When we have to wear them, we have it so we can breath through nose though. Had enough of not being able to breath, with them on *properly.* :-((((

💗

Inger said...

I love your snowy landscape. Great that you got your six miles in. Well, I got my 22 minutes again and you are my inspiration as I must increase my daily walks by a lot to keep my lungs working.

Aritha V. said...

Pancakes, yes!
What a nice snow photos.

Lowcarb team member said...

Brrr the snow makes me feel cold!

I do like the words from Marianne Williamson.

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Sounds like a good day for you both. Glad you got your full 6 miles in! Nice that you saw David and Liz. They're your children, yes?