Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tuesday

It was 7 degrees this morning and snowing,
though the snow ended soon and there was just an inch of snow around.
Then we had a mix of sun and clouds.
With it being so cold I stayed in side and walked basement loops.
2 1/2 miles before breakfast
2 miles after breakfast
1 1/2 miles in the afternoon

Went food shopping at the Dollar General and what we couldn't
get there we got at the Shop and Save which was our next stop.

Stopped at the library on the way home to pick up a book.

Just did the normal house work chores for the day
and then worked on the puzzle.
 It's coming along and though it is a challenge it's not so much
as not to be fun.
 

I'm now reading 
The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens.
If I had to pick a favorite author it would be him.
The people in his books are such great characters!!
Have read a lot of his books but this is the first time for
The Pickwick Papers.
I believe it was the first book he wrote.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
MsBB - I wear very bright colors (green or orange) when I walk so I am noticed easily.  

14 comments:

Tom said...

...we had similar weather here. I went out to take snow pictures and it had warmed up tp 9F.

Rose said...

We were not that bad, but it was still cold here. But we had sun, so am not complaining.

Mari said...

It was 3 degrees here this morning - way too cold for me!
I like the puzzle.
I got Bob a Dickens book for Christmas and he really enjoyed it. It's a book he wrote for his kids and it wasn't published until many years after his death when the family wanted to share it. Here's a link if you're interested.
https://www.amazon.com/Life-Our-Lord-Charles-Dickens/dp/1610362578/ref=sr_1_3?crid=Y61S23GCZEPW&keywords=dickens+the+life+of+our+lord&qid=1641946654&s=books&sprefix=dickens+the+li%2Cstripbooks%2C131&sr=1-3

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It sounds like you are going to read some of the classics this year. I have read a couple of short books by Dickens - A Christmas Carol and The Life of Our Lord, which he wrote to teach his children about Jesus. I need to read some more of his books. I want to read more classics this year too. Our weather here is great, so we had a lovely walk outside this afternoon. Glad had a good day. See you again tomorrow!

Sandi said...

Lovely puzzle scene!

ellen b. said...

Love that puzzle. I don't think I've read anything by Dickens. It's snowing again here right now. Time will tell if I make it out tomorrow. Hope you have a good evening and Wednesday!

Hill Top Post said...

I love Charles Dickens too, but have never read Pickwick Papers. I hope there were some interesting things going on along the tracks today for your enjoyment.

eileeninmd said...

It definitely feels like winter, cold and windy days and then there is the snow. Take care, have a happy day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure has been bitterly cold there! Hope you were able to get out today but be careful! Take care and enjoy your week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That jigsaw puzzle looks difficult. Good luck.

God bless.

NanaDiana said...

I love how dedicated you are to walking. Amazing!
I have never read The Pickwick Papers either-will add that to my list. I do love how he develops his characters.
Happy Wednesday and Happy Puzzling! xo Diana

Beside a babbling brook... said...

All I know about "The Pickwick Papers" is that the girls in "Little Women" loved that book. And formed their private club, as characters in it. -smile-

Thank you.... I think I would like to read it!!!!!!!

Yes, wear bright colors when walking and you go into town, with street lights, when it is dark. This person I told you of........ Mmmmm.... Brain-Dead??????? lol

Merry Midwinter Wishes
🌲🌟🔥🌲🔥🌟🌲🌟🔥🌲🔥🌟🌲

Kerin said...

Very pretty puzzle and a nice thing to work on with such cold temperatures outside :)

Happy for you to have a nice warm and non~slippery basement to walk in.

Smiles :)
~K.

Debi said...

We've had bitter cold the past few days but today it warmed up to 26... downright balmy! I have only read a few Dickens novels... Oliver Twist, Tale of Two Cities, A Christmas Carol and The Cricket on the Hearth. I liked them all. Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches sometimes make it to our plates for dinner too and they sure do hit the spot when you don't want to cook a big meal! Hope you're having a good week.