Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 07, 2022

Some snow

We got about 6 inches or so of snow and this morning it was
still snowing though we didn't get any more accumulation.
The temperature was 11 degrees and windy.
Walked my first 2 miles down in the basement.

Made us pancakes for breakfast.
After breakfast we bundled up and went outside to clear the driveway.  
Me shoveling and Ken on the tractor.
He put chains on the tractor tires the other day.


 When the driveway was done I took off walking.
Turned right here and went up the lane.



Here's Ken on the tractor clearing David and Liz's driveway.
Ken does the bottom of it an David takes care of the top part
closer to the cabin.


We stayed outside most of the morning and was back inside
by lunchtime.  My toes were just started to get cold.
Had enough steps by the time I got in the house to make my 6 miles for the day.

So nice to get in the nice warm house.
 I'm happy that we finally got some snow.😊 🌨

After lunch I worked on the puzzle for a while and then read
more of my book. 
 Also made a some weave-it squares.
I'm ahead with squares and already working on Februarys blanket.
Once I finish that I'm going to work on my own blanket a bit.

The sun made a short appearance this afternoon but it stayed windy
and never did get warmer than 11 degrees.

We had homemade pizza again this Friday.
That has turned into a weekly thing now.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

19 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

We finally got some proper snow here too.

William Kendall said...

That's a good bit of snow.

Tom said...

...you got a lot of snow, we got a heavy frost!

Rose said...

I bet you had some wonderful views...snow is just so beautiful. And bet you feel like you earned your rest today!

Granny Marigold said...

Good thing Ken has the tractor. It saves a lot of shoveling.

Debby said...

Snow is so pretty.

ellen b. said...

Homemade pizza sounds good about now. Glad you finally got some good snow. That's a good snow plowing trade off. Our son put the chains on his tractor, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks a good lot of snow.
Pleased you enjoyed your homemade pizza :)

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you finally got some snow. Homemade pizza sounds great! Have you shared your recipe over on your recipe blog?
Hope you all have a good weekend. :-)

Mari said...

That tractor is a good thing in the snow! Bob has been busy with our snow blower!

Hill Top Post said...

11 degrees is a bit too cold for me, but you probably got warmed up shoveling snow. It is a pretty snow.

Hootin Anni said...

Thank goodness we only shovel sunshine here. I like the idea of Friday pizza night!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The snow looks pretty in pictures, it is so cold out there. It is only in the teens this morning. Pizza night would be my favorite. I am thankful for our neighbor and his plow, he is so kind to plow our driveway. Happy weekend!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!! -smile-

Nice to have a weekly thing like pizza.

Merry Midwinter
🎄🌟🔥🎄🔥🌟🎄

Retired Knitter said...

I did a fun thing today. I went back to your first month of blogging on this blog - September 2008. You were still living in Savage, MD and waiting on your townhouse to be started. I had to laugh. You said in now post that you weren’t going to write every single day in this blog. Good intentions I am sure - but you are hooked!! And it looked like you have some readers who followed you to this blog from your previous blog. I do that with my own blog sometimes - look back at previous years.

Henny Penny said...

Boy, your walk this morning sure was different from yesterday's walk. Such a beautiful snow. We got a little snow but nothing like what you have. Don't know how I miss so many of your posts. Need to check in more. Happy New Year!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the snow, but recently we have had bone chilling temperatures and I don't care much for those.

Sunflower Days said...

Hi Karen! I did not know David moved nearby! I've been out of the blog world for a long time!

Sue said...

Enjoyed this so much!.
Sue