Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 06, 2022

We're getting our snow

18 degrees this morning and windy too, but the sun
did come over the mountain.

Didn't expect to see any one else out this morning
and there wasn't.
It was a warm coat morning and it stayed zipped up this time!! 😊
Don't I look nice and warm all bundled up.
Reflection in window.

 Walked up and down the main street in town and the sides
streets too.



Made a few loops around the ball park too.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    🥾    😊

One of our neighbors gave us this gingerbread mix for Christmas
and I made it this morning.
All I had to do was one cup of water to the mix
and bake for 35 minutes.


We had a little taste with a dollop of Redi-Whip.


David and Liz were out for a hike around Happy Trails
and stopped in to say hi and ask if we needed anything.
They were going to make a trip to town and pick up a few things.
As the day went on it looked and felt more and more like snow 
and it finally started snowing at 3:00. 🌨
Sure hope we get a good amount.

Worked on the puzzle some this afternoon.
It is a hard one but love the picture!

Read more of 1984.
Kind of reminds me of today as people try to change history
and words have different meanings than they used to.
I find the book okay but a bit boring so far.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Let it snow
Let it snow
Let it snow
🌨

Comment Replies:
Rose and Vee - Yes, the yellow and white bedspread is a weave-it blanket.  It is not quite done yet though.  Still have 7 more rows to do which is 168 squares. (already made 408 squares) It is taken me a while because once I get done with the months baby blanket I don't feel like making any more squares. One of these days it will be done. 

Kim and MsBB - I do step in those frozen puddles and break up the ice once I take the picture. 😊

18 comments:

Beside a babbling brook... said...

SNOW!!! You are getting snow!!!!!

Now send some up here, please. -grin-

We are supposed to get some, on Friday.

❄ ❄ ❄
“Anne came dancing home
in the purple winter twilight
across the snowy places.”
❄ ❄ ❄

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! I'm glad you are staying toasty warm when you go out on your walks. Snow. I like the brightness but it's cold and I don't like that part. God bless you, friend.

William Kendall said...

It's cold here today.

Rose said...

Thanks for the reply about the bedspread...I was afraid I had missed you posting the finished bedspread when I took that blog break. I did do a search on your blog before I asked.

It was cold here today, too...sounds like the day you had. We may get some snow flurries here tonight but as of last night they are not predicting any accumulation.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen,
Gingerbread sure sounds good. Wish I had a gingerbread mix to whip up tonight. Glad you are getting some snow. Ours is mostly melted with the rain. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Tom said...

...I think that even I could make that gingerbread, yum!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You do look cozy, all bundled up like that.

Hill Top Post said...

I hope you have your snow boots ready! I always wish for snow but for some reason I am not in the mood for it this year, guess that big one last Valentines Day was enough! I love Gingerbread and RediWhip!

Connie said...

Your gingerbread looks so good, and Ready whip, yum! You look cute all bundled up in your red coat. Red's my favorite color. Stay warm and enjoy your snow.

Granny Marigold said...

I don't think I've ever tasted Gingerbread ( unless you count gingerbread cookies). Sure looks tasty.
If you like snow then I hope you gets LOTS. I like watching it fall. So pretty. But now we've had quite enough and I wish it would go away.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You look warm all boundled up. The gingerbread kit is nice, very easy to make. We woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Aritha V. said...

I love your photo in the window. Wow, snow. Wish I could see it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, 1984 is a little difficult to read. Persevere. Over here it is sometimes studied as part of English Literature.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Love that reflection of you!!! And the answer to Kim's question made me giggle!!! The epitome of "young at heart".

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Forgot!

You are so cute!!!!!!

❄ ❄ ❄
“Anne came dancing home
in the purple winter twilight
across the snowy places.”
❄ ❄ ❄

Happy@Home said...

Smile :) Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you stepped in those puddles. I'll bet it was very satisfying.
How nice that Liz and David stopped by to see if you needed anything.
I hope you get a nice snowfall. I've been enjoying seeing them in blogland. Here we have gotten colder, but no snow. I am excited to be able to wear a turtle neck sweater today. That is a rarity. Not quite as bundled up as you, however.
Let it Snow. Have a wonderful weekend.

ellen b. said...

So your snow finally decided to make an appearance! How nice to have your family neighbors ask if you needed anything from town. When we drive all the way to Spokane we always check with each other as to what we can pick up! You know how to layer to stay warm!

Lowcarb team member said...

You do look nice and warm all bundled up.

All the best Jan