Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 08, 2022

Hard puzzle

 Though the sun came out and the wind died down the temperature
was 1 degree and that was a bit too cold for me for walking outside
so got all 6 miles walked in the basement.
2 1/2 miles before breakfast
2 miles after breakfast
1 1/2 miles after lunch

Looking out the kitchen window.
One of those cold days when the sun on the snow makes
it look all glittering and sparkly.


It was one of the puttering around in the house days.
Worked on the puzzle
and this is the hardest puzzle we've done!!
Our progress so far.


Read more of 1984 and I'm glad I stuck with it.
It is getting better with more of a story than just describing
living conditions.

More weave-it squares got made this afternoon too.
I'll be done with Februarys baby blanket in no time at this rate.

That's about all I did today,
but still the day zoomed by once again.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
RK - Yes, that is funny that I wasn't going to blog every day!!  I think it is easy for me to blog every day because I kept journals for years and years and got into the habit of writing about my day.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...if you think that the puzzle is hard, I'd think that it was impossible! Stay warm.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - That puzzle looks like a good one even though it is hard. I am sure glad you blog every day. I always look forward to reading what is going on with you. Hope you have a good Sunday tomorrow. See you then.

Martha said...

Wow, I think this is the first time I ever remember you not getting outside to walk, but then again I've been missing for quite a while now. That photo out the window sure is gorgeous! I'm so glad to pop in here and see that all is well in your world. I sure have missed you!

Vee said...

You do a much better job of splitting up your walking time in the basement now than you used to. That puzzle is def a challenge—all those nondescript dark pieces (same with light ones).

Hill Top Post said...

I love those views from your windows! Wow, 1 degree! When it gets really cold I worry about my lungs and air passages. The colder it gets the more out of breath I get climbing the hill. It was a balmy 31 degrees this morning when I walked. I like the looks of the puzzle as you show it here, only partly put together.

Mari said...

It would have been an inside day for me too - 6 degrees this morning! Looks like a good puzzle!

Rose said...

That shot looking out your window would make a great puzzle...and I do love the one you are working. I have yet to start one. Trying to make up my mind which one...

Granny Marigold said...

I love puttering around the house sort of days!! And I love the view out your window. Right now I think we actually have more snow on the ground than you do.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is very cold here too. The puzzle looks pretty, what is done so far.
I like the view out your window. Take care, have a happy Sunday and a great new week!

Kerri Farley said...

That puzzle is going to be beautiful when you have it finished :)

NanaDiana said...

I spent some time at my daughter's house and for the first time ever we gave up on a puzzle and packed it away and took out another one. It was so complicated that it was no fun doing it at all. LOL. Mostly all shades of white.
The second one was complicated but lots of fun. Happy Sunday- xoDiana

Lisa said...

That does look like a challenging puzzle but it will be worth it. I still have a puzzle I need to get out and start working on. I just know once I get it out, it will take up most of my time. We will walk by it and see a matching piece then stay there working on it. I will get it out soon.
Lisa

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lucky you... Sparkly snow.... Here we are in an Ice Storm.... Sighhhhhh

🌲 🌲 🌲 🌲

Sue said...

I am totally amazed at what you accomplish in a day, and am still inspired, your photos are so beautiful Thank you for sharing, keep posting daily, I am trying so hard to get back to blogging, hoping to get the issues with blogger resolved soon.
Blessings,
Sue

Inger said...

Glitter in the snow is so lovely, my favorite kind of day. Unfortunately, here we don't get those days very often in recent winters. And what a puzzle! Good for you, I doubt I will graduate from the 300 pieces any time soon.

Sandy said...

Burr, glad you walked inside. I've managed to keep at my planks, and hubby and I walked the beac.h today. Wish I could send some of this nice weather we're having; while we're on holiday because if I were home...I would be like you walking inside the house

Ruth Hiebert said...

The puzzle looks like a very pretty picture.

William Kendall said...

That puzzle will take you awhile.

ellen b. said...

Oh boy, that does look like a hard puzzle. Sounds like a perfect day to get after it! The hardest part of the puzzle I'm working on awaits me. Happy Lord's day to you!