Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Mantel lights

 This morning when I went walking it was 28 degrees,
cloudy, and no wind at all.

Had a nice walk all around town, the ball park and both cemeteries.

This is what's left of the building that was taken down yesterday.
Was able to get a better picture today now that the road was open.


Went down to see the bulls.
I named him Spot because of the white on his head.
In his ear the tag has Sun on it so now I call him
Sunspot.


Their barn taken from over at the Drane house.


Walking through town I saw workers putting up new vinyl siding
on a house and a building is going up on the lot
that was cleared a while back.
At first I thought it was going to be a garage or building for the town,
but now it looks like a house.
They were working so didn't want to take a picture.

No other walkers were around that I saw.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    ๐Ÿ˜Š    ☁️

I missed the red Christmas lights we had up around the mantel.
So decided to put up some white lights and keep them up all year.
Sure brightens things up on a dreary day.






Finished all the squares for the baby blanket for February.
Just have to sew them together.
I have a craft closet and it has a perfect place for
laying out all the squares.  I can easily change the squares around to make a pattern.









After reading 1984 I think I got it mixed up with the book
Brave New World
so I've have reserved that one at the library to read too.

Knitted this afternoon on a white blanket I've been working
on for quite a while now.

Did some reading too before supper.

Haven't mentioned eating ice cream for a while,
but it is still my snack most evenings.
The current flavor is Chocolate Sundae.

Well that's going to be it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

22 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen,
I love the mantle lights. They are so festive. You have a great mantle area with your cozy wood stove and all the stone! You craft closet is great too! Glad you had good weather for a walk. See you again tomorrow!

Tom said...

...that red barn is a beauty. We have an artificial Christmas tree with white lights, it's still up. I love the lights.

Rose said...

I enjoyed every single pic. When Lorelei's mom was still home/in school...she put up a string of the mini-lights around her room and just left them all the time. I really did like them. And should do that somewhere since I enjoyed them so much.

Sunspot is a great name...I agree with Tom that that barn is a beauty!

Vee said...

Oh I miss the lights, too. Maybe I need to dig out some fairy lights. Your mantel looks very festive and winter cozy. You have a good setup for crafts. That could be why you are so productive. ๐Ÿงถ

Happy@Home said...

The lights really do make the mantel look cozy. Smart move.
Your craft closet looks fun. At first I thought I was looking at a staircase, but the steps looked awfully big.
Chocolate Sundae sounds yummy.

Kerin said...

Cute twinkle lights! I love twinkle lights all year round, and have some on my china hutch I leave on all day long.

So happy for you that you were able to get your walk in outdoors today...yay!

Warm wishes..
~K.

Mari said...

I grew up on a farm so I have a special fondness for cow and barns. Sunspot is a good name!
I really like the lights on your mantle.

ellen b. said...

Sunspot has his eye on you! That really cleaned up that demolition nicely. I do like the cheery lights on your mantle. Enjoy your ice cream!

Hill Top Post said...

Sunspot seems to be curious about his early morning visitor. The mantle lights are perfect for brightening up the hearth corner which I like very much!

Granny Marigold said...

Chocolate sundae ice cream sounds delicious. Are there flavours you don't like? We bought Eggnog flavour last week but no one likes it much. I think I'll make a chocolate sauce for over it; then it will get eaten but I sure won't ever buy it again.

Anita said...

Very nice barn and the cows looks healthy and good

Love to have a peek in to your home!Very cosy!

Wish you a peacful weekend!

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet,sweet Sunspot!! Question, where do your blankets go when you finish them? A nursery, a hospital, a safe house?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are always so busy and full of energy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the name sunspot, great capture of the cattle and the red barn. Your mantle lights look pretty. Chocolate Sundae sounds like a great flavor of ice cream. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

LOVE your mantle!!!!!

I keep little faerie lights along ours, all year long.

But I don't have a good idea of a Jan. mantle. -sigh-

Yes, Christmas is still there.

-blush-

๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŒฒ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŒฒ

Inger said...

How great that you have a craft closet that must help to keep your projects organized. As always I enjoy your walks and will now have to take mine more seriously as a part of a prescription to maintain my lung function is to walk a lot.

Henny Penny said...

It is that wind that hurts in cold weather. I can stand the cold but when that north wind comes across the cut-over I'm ready to go inside. I love the lights on your mantle. In fact, I've thought about doing the same thing. I really miss the Christmas lights being up. Log homes are dark anyway. The lights just added warmth. Yep, I'm going to do that! :) Thank you! That is a pretty red bRN!

Bill said...

What a great name for the bull. It didn't take long to clean and remove that building. Like your square blanket, it's pretty.

susan q said...

I agree, Henny Penny, the wind is the culprit, not so much the temperature. I have white lights in my breakfast nook up til they burn out, then buy new ones. It makes the winter a little more cozy in the darkness. I requested the audio version of a popular book to read along with the book. Has anyone done that? Snow coming to south central pa this sunday til monday then rain, so....we shall see what happens with that. Like your blanket set up Karen, can change squares to many color combinations.

Michelle said...

I love a string of white lights. They bring such joy all through the year :) Nice to see the bulls. We will have some new cows at our farm here shortly. You mentioned in a comment (a while back, I am far behind) that you prayed for my son, who is a new police officer. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The lights around the mantle is a good idea. They look very cheery.

Retired Knitter said...

Love the lights and your fireplace.