Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 14, 2022

Foggy morning

 A foggy start to the day with a temperature of 31 degrees
and just a slight breeze when I walked this morning.

Walked up and down the main road in town.


Then headed over to the industrial park and walked around there.


At the entrance to the industrial park is the barn that got
a new roof a few months ago.
Now it is getting new boards on it and one side is finished.


A few months back I saw a woman walking with her daughter
and we stopped for a little chat.  
Today she was out walking with her dad.
She is a bit slow, or mentally challenged, or whatever we are supposed
to say now, but I'll just say she was a very nice young lady! πŸ™‚
We stopped once again for a little chat.

When I got back to the Jeep still had a little bit to walk yet
so went down here and walked around the cemetery.


Walked 6 miles

☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    😊

We went to the dump to drop off our trash, 
stopped in at the Dollar General, 
and picked up some books from the library.
We went in to get Ken's books and surprisingly my book,
Brave New World, that I put on reserve yesterday was there too.

Got some more of the puzzle done but it is going very slowly.
We are excited when we find a piece 🧩and have to announce it. πŸ€—

It's been a dreary day but inside it is warm and cozy.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Friday to you. 😊
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

I know it is damp and cold outside,  But inside I am so cozy and warm,  
I could sit and watch it for hours,  Because it has such an elegant charm.
- Judy Browning -

Comment Replies:
Anni - the baby blankets we make go to all the new born babies in the local hospital.  They get a card, a gospel tract, and an invitation to visit our church.  Before Covid a couple women from our church would go and visit mom and baby but now the blankets just get dropped off at the hospital.

SusanQ - I've tried to listen to books quite a few times and it just doesn't work for me.  I need to read the words.  I get too distracted with what I'm doing and don't pay attention to the book. : ) Have never tried reading while listening.

20 comments:

Tom said...

...the fog provided a magical start to your day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You did have a foggy morning. I wonder what the barn will be when it is renovated. Do you know if it will still be a barn or some kind of business? Have a good evening and see you again tomorrow.

Mari said...

I love a foggy morning!
I'm so happy to see that barn being fixed up. Far too many are left to fall apart.

Martha said...

I just love going along on your walks with you and hearing about your day. I'll see you again tomorrow. I hope you have a great weekend. Stay warm!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I would take your foggy morning over our weather today. I think we hit 6˚F and the wind was whipping. Scruffy did not even want to go out to do his little potty trips today. Smart dog.
Love your walks. xo Diana

eileeninmd said...

Pretty foggy scenes, I like the last tree lined road photo. They are calling for a big storm Sunday into Monday, a foot or more for Western Maryland. Stay safe and warm. Happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It was so foggy last night I could not find my front door. So I climbed through the window.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Lol, Victor.
Nothing is quite as mysterious, quiet and romantic as fog.

Thanks for the answer. Did you ever do one in squares like you do for it to come out finished in stripes?...like a row of white, the a row of blue, etc.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you have a good weekend. It sure looks like winter weather is coming in for so many. Do you have snow in the forecast there? We have rain and wind for tomorrow! Hugs!

Sandi said...

Looks lovely :) and even better from inside a cozy home. ❤️

Bill said...

Love the foggy touch in your photos.

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely walk that foggy morning...things and thoughts. Always so nice visiting your blog!
Titti

ellen b. said...

Haha! I know that feeling about announcing when you fit a piece! Some puzzles are like that. We are having a foggy run of days here right now. That's fun that you could talk to that nice young lady. :)

Rose said...

Laughing at your comment that you announce it when you find a piece...I used to have a tendency to tap the puzzle board when I found a piece and my brother always made fun of me...said that was my way of saying I found a piece. (this was probably 55-60 years ago) Funny how things stick in your ming.

And funny to about not knowing how to describe the little girl...because I find myself not know how to say something.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Audio books would be great for my husband with his bad eyesight. But... He falls asleep listening to them. Mmmmmm, I have done so too.

I don't know how people dooooo other things, and listen. Especially drive. After all, there is no such thing as multi tasking. It's doing one thing (listening to plot) and driving.... Alternately. Paying attention to one thing, and then to the other. Seems dangerous to me. But many people do it.

πŸ“• 🌲 πŸ”₯ πŸ“•

William Kendall said...

Quite foggy!

Granny Marigold said...

It was very foggy here too this morning. So many cars didn't have their headlights on. They just loom out of the fog. I'm thankful that the crosswalk has flashing lights.

Bonnie Schulte said...

I have been reading your blog, (6 mile walk) for I don't know, a long time. Just want you to know, I enjoy every day you blog, and thank you for that. Every day life is what it's all about.

Rose said...

This post triggered a vague memory...and I spent the evening looking for a post I thought i had done. I would have found it right away, but I thought it was before Roger's stroke, so was not really reading post since it. But you might get a chuckle...
https://picsandpiecing.blogspot.com/2019/08/a-girl-and-her-dog.html#comment-form

Delete this if you want...

Jeanette said...

Ooo! Love that first foggy picture!