Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 21, 2022

In and out

 The first thing I do in the morning is put on my walking
shoes and go walking - inside or outside.
This morning the temperature was 0 degrees and it was dark
so my walk started inside.
Looking out the basement door.


A scene from  Ken's HO train layout which is what I walk around
down in the basement.


This morning I spent doing housework.  Haven't done much this
week so there was a lot to do today.

After lunch I finished up my walk outside.
It was 14 degrees, no wind, and a beautiful sunny day.
Sure enjoyed my walk.
Went up and down the lane to our neighbors Ron and Theresa house
and couple of times.


Just before I got to their house I walked up another driveway.
There is no one there now and they are hardly ever there
so that's why I walked that way.
It hadn't been plowed or anything so it was a good work out
walking there through the snow but it was so pretty.
I would say the driveway is about 1/2 mile in.
The tracks you see aren't mine but deer tracks of which I saw many!! 


A couple of times I stopped and just listened to the quiet.
So peaceful and calming and I was so thankful to be out there.
The snow sparkled in the sun, just like glitter was spread around.

As usual did a little knitting and reading before it was 
time to get supper started.

Oh, about the S'mores ice cream last night - I loved it. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake 
it is necessary to stand out in the cold.
- Aristotle -

Comment Replies:
RK - We weren't wearing coats but sweat shirts.  We dress in layers.  Actually bought the ones we were wearing at the Dollar General but also have bought them in Hobby Lobby.  We get large ones so they fit over the other layers.  I must look 10 pounds heavier with all my layers on. 😊

22 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful winter views!

Hootin Anni said...

But...layers are the wise way to dress for cold. I haven't walked much in the last couple of weeks ...I must get back on track. Speaking of tracks,that abandoned unused driveway was a perfect spot to stop and enjoy the quiet!!!

Rose said...

I bet it was wonderful to be out and in all that snow. There is just something about it...specially when no one else is around.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have such a beautiful place to walk. I love the peace and quiet of being out in the snow.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely walk ...
Your photographs are always enjoyable to see.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...you sure have some gorgeous scenery in your basement! We were -3F this morning and warmed al the way up to 13F! Take care and stay warm and well.

Mari said...

That was a cold day - good for you still getting out to walk.
I like the train setup!

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful snowy wintery pictures. There is a peace that seems to come with cold and snow.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Wow, I love what you said, “A couple of times I stopped and just listened to the quiet. So peaceful and calming and I was so thankful to be out there. The snow sparkled in the sun, just like glitter was spread around.” Sometimes I stop on my walks and think the same thing. I don’t see the sparkles in the snow so much but the water in the bay sure sparkles like glitter. As always, your photos are great. I love the shot looking up the unused driveway. Now I’m curious … why would someone have such a wonderful place and not be there much? Your location is just great. Thanks for sharing your blogs and inspiring me to walk every day! John

Henny Penny said...

What a pretty snow! It looks so cold. It is snowing like crazy here tonight and is supposed to keep it up most of the night. Still we are supposed to get only 3 to 5 inches. The wind is terrible and tomorrow wind chill will be in the single digits...the weatherman says.

Hill Top Post said...

Your snow pictures are wonderful, but I loved best your “listening to the quietness.”

Retired Knitter said...

So do I understand you correctly? You go for a walk before having coffee???

Oh Karen, That would be so hard for me. I used to joke when I baby sat my kids dogs that I walked with a cup of coffee in one hand and the leash in the other. The coffee was needed to ensure I could find my way back to my condo. I am not a big coffee drinker, just one cup first thing in the morning and maybe a 1/2 more with breakfast, but it is needed - for safety reasons. :-) :-) :-)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful place to enjoy a daily walk.

God bless.

HWIT BLOGG said...

What a lovely walk, so beautiful with all snow and sunshine! Your pictures are LOVELY :)
Titti

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful snowy scenes, I love the shot with the fence.
Walking in the snow is a work out. Neat shot of Ken's train layout.
Take care, stay warm. Have a happy weekend.

Bill said...

A nice brisk morning walk is really good and healthy. The snowy scenes are so pretty.

Jeanette said...

I love when the sun sparkles on the snow. It is pretty much the only thing I like about snow!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

In the country, snow brings a lovely solitude......

🌲❄⛄🌲❄⛄🌲

Lisa said...

We actually had two snows this week. Kept me out of work two days. Snow covered nature is always so quiet and peaceful. I love looking at animal tracks in the snow. We followed one against our house and found a pile of pecans. There are no pecan trees anywhere around us. Haha. But some squirrel knew where one was.

Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snow covered lane is picture perfect.

ellen b. said...

I can imagine how peaceful that walk must have been.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful puzzle and the cookies look Yum-O!