Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Cookies

Another morning with a temperature of 0 so got my walking done
inside today.
Planned on getting outside to walk once in warmed up in the
afternoon but I never did make it outside.  
Finished all my walk inside.

After breakfast we went shopping at the Dollar General. 
Their heat wasn't working so great and it was freezing in the store.
Felt sorry for the cashier because she was right by the door!!

Finished the puzzle.
It was a fun one and pretty easy.
Anni - can you find the troll? I though of you when I saw it. 😄
(it's on the left side in about the middle of the puzzle)

We turn the puzzle over and write on the back of it.
 Jan 2019 was on the back of this one which was the first time
we did the puzzle.  Today we added todays date on it.

I baked some cookies this afternoon.
I used the recipe for the German Chocolate Cookies made with box of cake mix
but this time used a white cake mix instead. 
I call these cookies
Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cookies
They were very good!


That's all I have for today.
Hope your Saturday was a happy one.😊
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
RK - you would be right, no coffee before walking for me.  Don't drink coffee. I like the smell but not the taste. I get up, get dressed, brush my teeth, and go walking. Don't eat or drink anything till I get back.

17 comments:

William Kendall said...

The cookies look tasty!

Michelle said...

Those cookies look good and you have me intrigued. Going to look up that recipe. Been very cold here, single digits, so I have been riding my stationary bike. Walked at school yesterday. Roads still bad so no buses running, just a teacher workday.

Tom said...

...that puzzle is amazing, I don't think that I could have the patience to put it together. The cookies look great, but I'd want to eat the entire batch!

Rose said...

It was cold here again, too, but not as cold as there. I have looked at that puzzle and thought of getting it.

Is the troll outside by the little girl? Looks in the middle of a little flower bed.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a lovely puzzle, so colourful.
I think your cookies look delicious.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

Fun puzzle and those cookies look good. I'm like you - I think coffee smells wonderful but I don't like the taste.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like that puzzle, and the cookies look delicious. Re: the answer to the comment, if I eat or drink anything right before I walk, I have to make a restroom stop and I don't want to do that. Hope you have a good Sunday. See you then. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow...that is frigid! Hope it warms up in the next few days. Love that pretty puzzle and the cookies. Enjoy your evening! Stay warm and snug!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yummy looking cookies.

Henny Penny said...

Those cookies look delicious! We woke up to 3-4 inches of snow this morning and it is COLD but still nothing like what you have. That is a pretty puzzle and I saw the troll too. :)

ellen b. said...

Those cookies look delicious! Great puzzle. I never thought of putting a date on the back of the puzzle. I need to make some cookies for our card night on Wednesday. Saturday is almost over for you, happy Sunday!

Granny Marigold said...

My BIL and SIL always have a puzzle on the go and they do the same thing (write the date they did it on the back of the box). A few years ago they downsized and had to get rid of stacks and stacks of old puzzles!! Many were glued on to a backing.
Must check out the cookie recipe!!

Hootin Anni said...

I see the cute little red-headed booger ...by the geranium blossom.
0°?!!?...yep, definitely a stay indoors, baking cookies kinda day!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
What a cute puzzle, I like the kitties. Your cookies look delicious.
I'll have to check out that recipe. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Good idea to write the date on the back of the puzzle. How do you do that without breaking up the puzzle? Or do you do it upside down on a piece of glass?

God bless.

Sandy said...

Fun looking puzzle. Some folks say they never put them together a 2nd time and pass them onto others; but if you're working on them several years apart, I would think it would seem new to you. Maybe you remember a few tricky parts; but soo many puzzles pieces that can't be a huge deal. I never walk before coffee; don't like to do anything before coffee......even now when I'm drinking decaf. I like to get up and have "quiet" time which involves the coffee and blogging, or reading the news before I consider moving about. My body is not ready to move right off the bat, but good for you. You get it down.

Bill said...

My computer will accept cookies from this site. :)