Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2022

A walk in the snow

We had a power outage from 6:00 to 9:00 this morning.
Sure thankful it didn't last longer.

We had some rain last night and then it turned colder and started snowing.
Though it snowed on and off all day we didn't even get an inch more.
Walked a couple miles inside and then after lunch
 Ken and I went walking out back in the woods.


 

I wasn't ready to go back inside when Ken was so
he went in and I kept walking.
Went up and down the lane a couple of times.


Looking to town.


The only other thing I did today was work on the puzzle,
knit, and read. 

Trying a new flavor ice cream for me this evening.
Turkey Hill S'mores
The label says 
Graham cracker
Chocolate
and toasted marshmallow.

Doesn't that sound good!!
Will let you know how I liked it tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

There's just something beautiful about walking in snow
that nobody else has walked on. 
- Carol Rifka Brunt -

20 comments:

Tom said...

...yesterday's thaw made walking tricky here today. Take care and stay warm and well.

Lowcarb team member said...

Our weather is cold but no snow yet!
Pleased you and Ken were able to get out and have a snowy walk.

Stay warm.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Our last power outage was around a half hour or so.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like a lovely, snowy walk. I love the smiley face you drew in the snow. See you again tomorrow!

Mari said...

Such beautiful scenery! I love that smile in the snow too.

Rose said...

Those are beautiful views!

Hill Top Post said...

I love the view looking toward town. I can imagine that the ice cream will be a winner. I just can't resist marshmallows.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Really wonderful photos of snow. Beautiful. Thanx Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty views of the snow and the forest. The ice cream sounds yummy.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Sandi said...

Glad your power came back on! We are getting freezing rain here. Hoping for the best!

Aritha V. said...

I love to see your snow photos. Brrr... cold.
Take care.

Kerin said...

Beautiful scenery.

Have a nice weekend.

~K

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos.

Happy@Home said...

Glad your power wasn't out longer. Your snowy woods look so pretty. Easy to spot you and Ken amongst all of that white :)

Retired Knitter said...

I love those bright jackets you both have - probably very important for walking in the woods and near streets. Where did you get them?

Hootin Anni said...

Love the happy face!!!

Vee said...

Let me guess! You loved the new ice cream flavor. 😁

Bill said...

The snow photos are beautiful. The ice cream sounds interesting, hope you enjoy it.

NanaDiana said...

It sure looks cold there. I am so gad our power came back on after a short outage. It was super cold here this morning. When I got up it was MINUS 11˚F -not counting wind chill.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Turkey Hill makes goooooood ice cream. :-)))))

🌲❄⛄🌲❄⛄🌲