Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 15, 2022

A pretty sunrise to start the day

This was the sunrise this morning.
Glad to be up and out to see this beautiful start to my day.


This morning when I walked it was 14 degrees, cloudy, and the
good news was that there was no wind at all.
With my warm coat on, it was actually nice out.

Walked around town, the ball park, and both cemeteries.
Didn't see anyone at all out - not even anyone walking to their car.

Still not sure what this building will be - a house or what.
I saw windows framed out yesterday but they haven't been cut out yet.


 

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🥾    😊

Another good day to have some nice hot oatmeal for breakfast.

Baked some German Chocolate Cookies this morning.
The recipe calls for a cup of chocolate chips and a cup of raisins,
but I put in 2 cups of chips and left the raisins out.
If you like chocolate you will like these cookies.

Finished the puzzle last night.
We both agree that it really was the hardest puzzle we've done.,
but it is such a pretty picture!


David and Liz came over for game night.
They came over late afternoon and we had so much fun
playing Mexican Train this time.
Played a while, took a break and ate pizza for supper 
and then finished up the game.

This evening we will be watching a couple more episodes
of Downton Abby which I am enjoying.  
Don't think Ken likes it as much as I do.
Also hope to get some weave-it squares made.
These are for my yellow and white bedspread.

Hope you enjoyed your Saturday. 😊
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - the barn that is being repaired I'm happy to say will continue to be a barn.

Anni - No, I've never made a striped baby blanket but it is a good idea.  I'll be making one like that in the near future. Thanks for the idea.

Diane - Yes, we are supposed to get some snow - 15 inches starting tomorrow afternoon.

Bonnie - Thanks for reading and leaving a comment and glad to hear you enjoy my blog. 😊

16 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

This puzzle is definitely one of my favorites. And, your morning sunrise is also one of your best. If you had stayed home in bed, it would have been as though this never happened. Way to go, Happy One!

Tom said...

...what a start to your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a beautiful sunrise. I really liked Downton Abbey too. Charly didn't like it nearly as much as I did. Glad you had a nice game night with David and Liz. That is really a nice puzzle. Good job on finishing it! See you again tomorrow. Stay warm with all that snow coming your way!

Rose said...

That puzzle is a beauty...sounds like fun night with the kids.

That building is another to watch and see what happens.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sunrise. Congrats on finishing that hard beautiful puzzle! Those cookies sound good especially without the raisins! That building looks very basic. It will be interesting to see what it is.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I thought that puzzle looked difficult.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

The sunrise is gorgeous. I love the puzzle picture, very pretty.
I think we may get 3-6 inches of snow, it is very cold out this morning. Only 8° , I hope it warms up soon. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy new week!

Hootin Anni said...

This was a two-fer...beautiful puzzle & sunrise!!
My sister talked about Mexican Train while she was here visiting. Sounds like Dominoes a bit.

Will look forward to the 'striped' blankets.

Martha said...

Beautiful sunrise! So glad you had a nice walk, finished the difficult puzzle and had a nice game night with family - Life is good! :)

Kerin said...

Beautiful sunrise, and what a glorious welcome to a brand new day!

Your game and pizza night sound like such fun.

Smiles :)
~K.

Bill said...

The sunrise is a beauty, a great way to start your day. Congrats on finishing your puzzle.

Sandy said...

Hubby didn't watch much of Downton Abbey with me, as he didn't think much of it. I loved it. Burr, sounds cold, no wonder you didn't see anyone out and about. We're having incredible rains here today, so no outside walking. Can barely see out the windows it's raining so hard and has been since about 3 am. It's good I got a good walk in yesterday and did my planks yesterday. Today will be blog walking and knitting and maybe planking.

Jeanette said...

I loved Downton Abbey. My husband never watched an episode! I usually watched it on my tablet during my lunch break anyway! Beautiful sunrise!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That puzzle may have been hard but it is so pretty.

William Kendall said...

A gorgeous sunrise.

Kerri Farley said...

The puzzle turned out great!