Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Wednesday

 Walked inside in the morning and was outside walking around
in the afternoon so got all my miles walked.

Didn't have my phone when I was outside so sorry no pictures today.

It warmed up to the upper 30's, was windy, and the sun came out
so quite a lot of the snow melted.
Supposed to get cold over night with more snow so who knows
what tomorrow will bring.

David and Liz stopped by just as we were about to go out
so we put off going out till after lunch.
Didn't matter what time we left and it's always nice
to have them stop by just to see how we are.

After lunch we went for a drive to see how the roads were.
All clear and most of them even dry!
Stopped at the Shop and Save - we needed milk and bread!! 🙂
Ken had a book to pick up at the library so we stopped there too.

I finished reading Brave New World and didn't much care for that
one either - slightly better than 1984.
Ken is now reading Brave New World.

I'm now going back to finish reading The Pickwick Papers. 
I know I like that book!!  🙂

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

15 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a day of spring with bitterly cold temps coming. Take care.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I don't like dystopian novels either. Real life brings us plenty to be depressed about sometimes, so I figure I don't need to read about more depressing things. So glad you got to have a nice visit with David and Liz. What a blessing having them close by is!

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you don't get too much snow overnight. Sounds like today was fairly nice at least by afternoon.

William Kendall said...

My preferred reading choices tend to lean towards spy thrillers and history.

Hill Top Post said...

We are definitely in deep winter now. I like thinking about that minute or two of daylight that we are gaining each day. A very cold arctic blast is moving in here tonight.

Rose said...

It was really chilly here today...the wind just chilled me to the bone.

Mari said...

I'm glad to hear your roads have cleared up! Hope they stay that way for a bit.

NanaDiana said...

Cold cold cold here today. I was outside for a short walk with Scruffy but 8˚F (not counting windchill) was just too cold for me. Scruffy didn't seem to mind with his little sweater on.
I hope you have a great night! xo Diana

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Still cold over here.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad the roads are clear. It is a little warmer here this morning and it is raining. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Enjoy that book!!

Bill said...

My wife loved The Pickwick Papers

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Don't waste time, on books I don't really like.

So it's nice to have more then one, to choose from, at a time. Which I have on my Kindle.

🐈

ellen b. said...

It is so nice when our adult children take the time to check up on us. Fun that they can do that in person!

Lowcarb team member said...

We are experiencing cold weather, it's -3 at the moment.
Brrr!

All the best Jan