Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, November 06, 2021

Saturday

 Waited until it was almost light before getting to town and walking.
Temperature was 27 degrees and calm
and once the sun came up and over the mountain is stayed sunny.

So nice when the sun pops up over the mountain and
the sun shines on my face.


Had my usual walk around town, the ball park and both cemeteries.
Saw a couple of deer in the woods behind the ball park.

Went to say hi to the bulls. They don't mind the cold and now
they don't have to walk in the mud because it is frozen!



Joy was out walking too and has been starting out later like me.
Tomorrow we will be out there walking earlier again now
that it will be lighter with the time change.


Walked 6 miles

Bench Number 7
This one is in a back yard that is next to the ball park loop.
The sides are concrete.


☀️    🙂    ☀️

The morning zipped right by since I walked an hour later this morning.

We drove to town and went to the library to pick up a 
book I had on hold that was in.
At Home In Thrush Green by Miss Read.
Also put our garbage in the back of the pickup and dropped it off at the dump

Before leaving home we made French Fries and Chicken Tenders
in the air fryer and wrapped them in tin foil. 
Ken put them on the truck engine to keep them warm while we
drove around till we ate lunch.
Stopped at the Scenic Overlook and ate the chicken and fries 
there for lunch. 

This afternoon I got a couple more windows washed.
Such a good feeling to look out of nice clean windows, especially
when the sun is shining on them and they still look clean. 😃
They are so clean it looks like there is no window!!

Got the pizza dough going in the bread machine.
Knitted while the dough was being made.
(back to knitting the hat that I messed up and had to start over)
When those 14 beeps (yes 14! A bit over kill) 
sounded that the dough was done, 
Ken made the pizza which we had for supper.

It's been another beautiful sunny day and for that I am thankful.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Saturday to you. 😃
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, That is so fun that you put your lunch on the truck engine to keep it warm. Ken has lots of good ideas! Glad your day was a good one. We still haven't had a hard freeze here yet, but I know it will come eventually. See you again tomorrow!

ellen b. said...

That looks like one sturdy bench. Those bulls seem to know you. :) Keep forgetting about the time change. Our grands went to the dump this week with their mom and she made it into a field trip learning the letter D. D is for Dump. :) Have a joyful Sunday!

Rose said...

I would have been afraid the lunch would fall off! I bet that was fun to be able to have that warm while being out and about. I love the feel of sunshine on my face, once it starts getting cooler.

Rose said...

I do like that bench...

Tom said...

...how neat, the engine was a food warmer!

Sandi said...

Love that sunrise!

Hill Top Post said...

Your sunrise picture is awesome. That very same sun shone on my face today and warmed me up so much that I pulled my coat off! I am sure Ken placed the lunch so it wouldn’t fall.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Right in on the engine????????

Cool!

Or warm, that is. lol

✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

Hootin Anni said...

Genius of Ken!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the sunrise, the bulls and the bench.
Ken has a neat way to keep your lunch warm.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This bench is too short for me to sleep on.

God bless.

Vee said...

Good that the entire bench is not made of concrete, although I know some benches are. Not too comfortable.

14 beeps? Ha! That should alert the whole town that the pizza dough is ready.

Happy walking.

Bill said...

A simple bench. It's amazing to see all the different kinds of benches you capture.

Debby said...

I like all the different types of benches. You have a nice walk you can do every day.

William Kendall said...

The bulls look curious.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the look of that bench.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

Those cows look pretty content!