Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 08, 2021

Mystery behind the bank

 35 degrees and a nice sunny morning for my walk.
It was the usual walk all over town,
the ball park loop, and
both cemeteries.

Joy was out walking again and we walked once around the
cemetery together.
We both prefer walking alone so after one loop we went
our separate ways.
She walks faster than I do anyway and I stop too many times
to talk to people and animals and take pictures.

Wondering what is going on behind the bank in town
with all this digging.
Will have to keep an eye on and it!
Thought they were just making the parking bigger at first but
that doesn't make much sense.
The bank has been closed since covid with only the ATM open.


There seemed to be a lot of traffic in town this morning.
Usually I don't even have to wait to cross the street but today
I walked two blocks before there was a break in the cars and
I could cross the street!
Very unusual.

Walked 6 miles

Bench Number 8
These two are at the public works building
and are made of concrete.



☀️    🙂    ☀️

Monday has rolled around again and this morning got started
on this weeks house cleaning.

The afternoon was much too nice to stay in the house
so I ended work for the day and went outside.
Picked up lots of dead fall out back and added it to my natural fences. 
I've been making these fences since we moved here and
they never will be done.
It's a good way to clear the forest floor a bit and makes
great homes for the wildlife.

That's me in the distance.


Finished up the baby blanket for November
and you can see it HERE if you so desire.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Monday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone  ❤️

Comment Replies:
Kathie - When I get done with the Thrush Green series I'm going to start on the Fairacre series.  Where do I get ideas for books to read?  Don't really need to look for books to read, I just hear about them from others, read about them on blogs, and my list of books to read just keeps getting longer and longer. 😃

17 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I wonder what they may be doing behind the bank?
You'll have to keep us posted please.

All the best Jan

Sandi said...

Maybe they are adding on?

Rose said...

That will be interesting to see what develops behind the bank. I like your natural fences. and Sarah had a bench a lot like these and was amazing how nice it was.

Debi said...

The work behind the bank is intriguing. You'll have to keep us updated. We put two benches like #8 at my mom's grave. We didn't paint them. I think I'll talk to my hubby about building a natural fence at the back of our property. It's a good idea. Have a great week!

William Kendall said...

I like those benches.

Hill Top Post said...

It was a beautiful fall day here - perfect for just about anything having to do with OUTSIDE.

Tom said...

...we have had lovely weather too, I've made the best of it by getting garden jobs done before the cold weather come along.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the "natural" fences you are making to keep your trails clear. I may have to look into reading some of those "Miss Read" books. Like you, I get lots of reading ideas from other bloggers. I think I told you in a comment last week that I ordered the book you recommended, "The Widow's Husband." I am glad your week is off to a good start. See you tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

Those are nice benches with green/turquoise bases.
I wonder if the unusual traffic had anything to do with hunting season.

Hootin Anni said...

I really like the idea of a natural fence. I don't think I've ever mentioned that. And the benches...looks like maybe a flag pole between?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Your benches are becoming more difficult to sleep on. This one is way too short!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The benches are a nice memorial. I like your idea of the natural fence, it is a good home for the wildlife. Take care, have a happy day!

Bill said...

Maybe the bank is looking for a long lost safe. :-)

Pom Pom said...

Your fence building looks fun!

Aritha V. said...

Love all your pics. Nice memorial, that bench. And a natural fence, what a good idea! So you can live in harmony with nature a bit :)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I like BILL BURKE's idea about what the bank is doing, with all the digging!!!!!!!!

🍂 🍁 🍂

ellen b. said...

Hopefully the mystery will be solved soon. I like what you are doing with that natural fence. Funny about the traffic.