Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 09, 2021

A sunny walk

Another morning for a nice sunny walk.
Temperature was 44 degrees.
Sunrise 6:55


 Walked around town and then around the industrial park.
One turn around both cemeteries and the ball park.

Saw a few people out walking today.
Joy
Rebecca
Dwayne 

Here's the latest picture behind the bank.
Rebecca heard that they are putting in a drive thru.
Sounds like a good idea.


The fountain in the town pond has been turned off for the winter
and will be back on again in the spring.

The church in town is getting a new roof.  
It's a long way up and the roof has quite a slant to it.
Work is being done by about 8 Amish men.

I've seen 5 signs like these in different yards around town
but haven't see any of the dogs.
(Accident is the name of the town)


Walked 6 miles

Bench Number 9
Joe's Bench


🌤    🦃    🌤

Our food shopping day at the Shop and Save and we went right
after breakfast as usual.

Finished up washing the windows this afternoon.
Only had the outside of the kitchen and bedroom to do.
The windows are not high off the ground but I still need
a ladder to reach the top.
Ken moved the ladder around for me which made it a lot easier.
The windows in our office in the bathroom are high so just
the inside of them got washed.

Walked around picking up more dead fall out back again 
and added it to the fence while Ken cleaned the gutters out back.

It was warm enough to sit on the front porch for a while
when we were done.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - Yes, the benches from yesterday have a flag between them.

16 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

That sky...thru my phone, it looks pink...so beautiful. Have Ken come help with ladders for me (just kidding)...we have to take the hurricane shutters off to wash exterior window panes. Not fun. I envy you being able to wash windows.

Yes, you Do windows. 😊
Bench, pretty!

Tom said...

...I love the corn silhouetted against the sunrise, beautiful!

ellen b. said...

Well a drive through makes a lot of sense for a bank. Those Amish workers are great to have around. I like Joe's bench. Hope you have a good evening!

Granny Marigold said...

Sunrise here was at 7:14. It was windy and some rain but the heavy rain waited until we got back home again. Now I hear the wind throwing the rain against the windows. Makes me extra thankful for a warm house.
Today's bench is really nice.

William Kendall said...

Fountains here have also been shut off for the winter.

Debi said...

We've had unseasonably warm weather here the past few days. I'm pretty sure we'll pay for it down the road!

Hill Top Post said...

Great picture of the sunrise as seen through a corn field. You need to publish a book of your sunrise pictures! Reserve me an autographed copy please! I like Joe’s bench best of all.

Mari said...

Such a nice walk! And a long one too. I enjoyed your town, and that sunrise photo is so pretty!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another small bench.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like Joe's bench. I would have one like that on my porch. You said that Amish men were working on the church roof. Do you have Amish families living nearby? I read a lot of fiction and nonfiction about the Amish, and I have a lot of respect for them as a people. :-) I hope you have another nice day. I'm sure you will. See you again soon!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Gorgeous morning photo!!!!

Drive-thru window! Probably right!!!

That church will get a good roof, with Amish men doing it!

🍂💨🍂💨🍂

Bill said...

I like Joe's bench.

John's Island said...

You are one of the most reliable bloggers I follow. Your 6 mile walks and photos are always interesting and the highlights about the rest of your day are an added bonus. Really nice work!

Michelle said...

Joe has a nice bench. Washing windows is a chore I do not enjoy, but I do it!

Vee said...

In these days and times, a drive through is an excellent idea. Any day you have a chance to sit out on the porch, from here on out, is a great day. Window washing is always a good job done. And one I need to do. I'll have to be a bit steadier of the ladder first. I remember when you found the fountain on last spring. Gosh, time flies.

Rose said...

I love that first pic...Joe's bench is nice! I bet it is a drive through for the bank...I don't know why I did not think of that.

I often wonder how some of the steep roofs get done. I could never have done them even in my youth....I could barely get up on ours and it is only a 6/12 pitch...not sure how you are supposed to write that. I don't even remember why I was up there. I don't think I could stand up on a 4/12 roof now.