Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 18, 2021

50 things

 

This morning was even warmer than yesterday.
54 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds that quickly turned
to just clouds.  Quite a wind blowing up too.

Had a quiet walk around town, once around the cemeteries,
the ball park, and over to and around the industrial park.
Saw Margaret and Joy walking but at a distance.

The tiny horse was down near the bulls, and though
she wouldn't look at me I took a picture anyway.


Walked 6 miles

Bench Number 17
Taken by the Firefly, the place in town where they make cheese.


I peeked in the window at the store in its new location
and it is really nice inside.
Now it has room to have some tables inside and it all looks 
nice and neat and tidy.

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Left for church right after breakfast for a work morning
of Blankets for Babies.
Handed in my latest blanket and started the one for next month.
There were 8 of us working today.
Someone brings breakfast and then another
gives a short devotional.
I ate breakfast at home so didn't eat anything.
Since it is Thanksgiving month, last time it was suggested
that we all tell something we are thankful for this time in place
of the devotional.
Instead of just naming one thing I thought I'd be different and made a list of 50 things I am thankful for.
Here's my list in no particular order except for number one
which I am MOST THANKFUL for.
Here is my list.

  1. My Salvation 
  2. Morning walks
  3. Kenny
  4. Sunshine
  5. Blogger Friends
  6. Living in the woods
  7. Ice Cream
  8. Health
  9. Comfortable walking shoes
  10. Church family
  11. Walking in the rain
  12. Pizza
  13. David and Liz
  14. Thank you cards
  15. The library
  16. God's faithfulness
  17. A warm house
  18. Snow
  19. Country roads
  20. Jigsaw puzzles
  21. My Kindle
  22. The smell of bread baking
  23. Corn blowing in the wind
  24. Indoor plumbing
  25. Sound of rain on my umbrella
  26. Church
  27. Pastor Leatherman
  28. The deer who live out back
  29. Kindness of others
  30. Daisies
  31. My front porch
  32. Glass of cold milk
  33. Clothes line
  34. Bettye's prayers
  35. God's patience
  36. Tomatoes from the garden
  37. My Bible
  38. The smell of clothes dried on the line
  39. Old friends
  40. New friends
  41. Reliable car
  42. Chocolate chip cookies
  43. Sunsets
  44. Puffy white clouds
  45. Birds singing
  46. My little town
  47. People who pray for me who I don't even know about
  48. Plenty to eat
  49. Sunrises
  50. Every new day

On the way home from church it started to rain and has been
raining the rest of the day.

Had lunch when I got home and then made a few more 
weave-its and read.

Seemed like a good day for pizza so I got some pizza
dough made in the bread machine and as usual
Ken made the actual pizza.

Last night I finished knitting Ken his neck scarf that is just
a knitted cap without the top.
The first one I made didn't turn out, the yarn was too
stretchable and was soon out of shape.
This one I made is just right.
You can see it HERE.

Well that's going to be it for today.
Hope your day was a good one. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

15 comments:

Tom said...

...a nice long list!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your gratitude list - God is certainly good.

Rose said...

I enjoyed reading your list...quite a few would be on mine if I made one. It was bright and sunny here, but oh, the wind was like off an iceberg!

Mari said...

Sounds like a good day! The pony is so cute!
It was very cold here today, and snowing...
I really enjoyed your list and it's similar to what mine would be. Salvation is on the top!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like your list of things to be thankful for.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your list. It has made me think about what I would put on my own list. I

Granny Marigold said...

I really like your thankful list!!
Also I like the neck warmer/scarf that you made. Perfect for the job.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty sky capture! The pony is so cute!
I like your thankful list! Have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

That scarf I like (I think they are called gaiters). Loving the neutral color of yarn.

Cute mini horse. Great 50 list. Would love to go thru the cheese shop.

Bill said...

A nice list to be thankful for. Cute little horse.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Love your post so full of inspiration today! Your photos are always so pretty and I love your list!

Jeanette said...

That neck scarf certainly looks warm and comfy! That is a great list of things to be happy about!

William Kendall said...

The little horse is sweet.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a good list :)

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That's a great list of thankfuls! I like that simple bench.