Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

The Last Mailbox and Island progress

 62 degrees with early morning fog giving way to a sunny day.
A slight breeze.
Walked 6 miles

Once again I walked around town.
Saw Dwayne, Rebecca, Joy, and Margaret, who was walking with her husband.

Each morning I've been stopping to see how the pumpkin at the
day care center is doing.  Today I noticed that it is just starting
to turn orange.  


Then I noticed a second pumpkin hiding under the top of the fence.


 Mailbox Picture number 20 and the last of the series.
This poor thing needs some work.


📬    📬

I might do another series of pictures of the different
garden sheds around town.
Some are really cute.
Or maybe fire hydrants.

Shopping day at Stop and Save. 

After putting away the groceries I went outside to do some more
work on the Island.  Didn't quite finish clearing but I'm sure 
I will with one more session.




Ken neatened up the rocks at the point and put some dirt there,
then moved the trailer and mowed the weeds on the left.


The day zoomed by and I didn't do anything else
except sit on the porch, cooling off and drinking 7UP.

An easy supper this evening of hot ham and Swiss cheese
sandwiches with some potato chips.

It's been a good day and for that I am thankful.
Thanks for stopping by.
Count your blessings and be happy. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

12 comments:

Jeanette said...

That island looks like a lot of work but definitely will be worth it! Looking forward to your next series!

Tom said...

...I think that my pumpkins have be ready for Christmas!

Hootin Anni said...

Mailbox needs upgraded!
LOVE your island.
And your dinner of sandwich & chips sounds ideal.

Granny Marigold said...

You've really worked hard and that Island bed is looking good.

Unknown said...

I like the way you can see the cows grazing across the road. So peaceful. Love the pumpkin turning orange, that means fall is not too far off.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy. Such energy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your island is looking good, I like the view of the cows too.
Have a great day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen,
Your getting along really well with your Island Project - looks much better. Best Wishes. KEV.

Happy@Home said...

Those pumpkins are a welcome sight. They are coming along nicely.
Your island is looking good. Moving those rocks around is hard work.
If you decide to do another series, I vote for the garden sheds :)

Barwitzki said...

Oh, I'll have to take an example ... didn't run today ... no ... but I went shopping on my bike at the market ... everything fresh and then in the pots. I cooked fine food and had lunch in the sunshine ... washed a lot too. Good luck and lots of fun with your project ... 6 miles is almost 10 km. That's great :-)

ellen b. said...

That poor mailbox does need some help. Great job on your island!

William Kendall said...

That island will be some work to get done.