Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

More Island Work

 Another morning with patchy fog and then sunny.
It was 64 degrees and calm when I walked.
Sunrise 6:39
Walked 6 miles


Walked all around town, around the cemeteries and the ball park.
Didn't see anyone else out walking but I did see
Roger drive by in his new red truck.

All the bulls are gone and have been for the last few days.
I guess they have been sold.
I'm sure there will be more there again soon.

Very quiet around town.

A pretty Rose of Sharon bloom


Went outside this morning again and finished clearing the Island.
What a great feeling of accomplishment!!!

Ken went and harvested a bunch of rocks for me which I'll be using
to line a garden bed and a path in the Island.

Ken got the chipper going and we made a pile of chips
to put around the few plants that are already there.
 We still need a little more but will do that tomorrow.
After working we had our usual cool down on the porch.

Here's today picture of the progress.


We quit working at 2:30, a little early today.
Before supper I got a little reading done and work on the puzzle.

That's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Count your blessings and have a happy day. 🙂
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

14 comments:

Tom said...

...it was in the high 80s today, I stayed in the AC and canned peaches.

Vee said...

The garden looks very nice, neat, and tidy. We have one more day of this current hot, muggy weather. I have plans for those cooler days.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your island looks great, Karen. I love that Rose of Sharon picture as well as the foggy picture at the top of your post. Hope you have another good day tomorrow. I am sure you will! :-)

William Kendall said...

The bloom is lovely.

Debi said...

The island is coming right along. Sounds like you had a productive day.

Nellie said...

Love the Rose of Sharon! My grandmother had two of them, and I’ve always wished I had one. Need to add that to the list! I always forget at the time to find one to set it out. Our high temperature was in the low-nineties today; not doing work outside until it’s much cooler!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are making good progress. I’m sure it will be lovely when done.

Hill Top Post said...

I wondered if you might have a garden path. It’s already looking very nice. I love your foggy morning picture.

Granny Marigold said...

The Rose of Sharon flower is quite amazing. I know that it is related to the Hibiscus but the bloom looks very different. My Hibiscus has trumpet shaped flowers, almost like a Lily.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a beautiful flower.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

The bloom is beautiful, the island will be a lovely sight when done. Have a happy day!

Hootin Anni said...

Your clearing work & stone placement is perfect. Love the tree shadows too

ellen b. said...

Good accomplishment. Love that Rose of Sharon!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the picture of the Rose of Sharon.

All the best Jan